Chimera Fields Just Keep Hunting Just Keep Hunting
Loner
171 Posts
Ooc — Raven

Andr ran. 
He ran through the trees, away from the memories of ash, away from the forgotten smell.
He ran through the morning, out of The Sentinels, into the Chimera Fields, and kept running.
He ran until the adrenaline had leaked out through his legs and his mind began to see a sliver of light.
But he was not out of the woods yet.

It was the flames - Andr thought to himself. The flames that had filled his lunges with smoke and singed his pelt. The flames that had burned the unnamed female of black and white.

It was then he realized what he had done. That he had ran from The Sentinels... and in doing so ran from Fleurette. What was wrong with him? It was sudden, it was rude, and he should have never done it. It frustrated him and he shook his head. He turned back for a moment but as he looked off to the trees he couldn't push himself to move forward.

He'd said he would bring something back. She still needed to eat. He needed to go back, and if he couldn't go now he would go when he had something worth his absence. And so he continued into the field. Hunting hunting hunting.
Brecheliant
Family
704 Posts
Ooc — Me
Every time Dwin wondered, why the hell she hand Sylvie had chosen to go in winter and not at a time, when temperatures were more welcoming and food was more prevalent, she had to remember the very long list of all the things that had hindered them from doing so. Funny, how you forgot the hard times, once they were over. Now and then Dwin had even caught herself considering marriage and children in the future, the idea that horrified her to the very core. It turned out that nature had a way of smoothing over the bad experiences, when it came to ensuring that the species survived. 

Geez! Get a grip, you young hag!

Dwin rolled her eyes at herself, because thoughts had yet again wandered in the forbidden territory. She blamed it on the season, which seemd to happen almost simulatenously in every pack around, sending clouds of pheromones all over the lands and poisoning the common sense of reasonable people. Such as her. Moon packs were even worse, because nearly all of them were run by she-wolves. Dwin had nothing against female domination, she embraced it and encouraged it. Save for the spring-time, when for inexplainable reasons all the common sense and emancipation was thrown out of the den. Corsets and pretty dresses back and on and let's woo the men.

Yuck.

Dwin scrunched her nose, remembering vividly her own "drunkenness" around Teya. She still felt embarrassed about the trick nature had played on her brain, reminding her that she was just as susceptible to the poison as everyone else of age was. Speaking of which...

So deep in her contemplation she had been that only now did she notice that she was not the only person in the fields. With the difference that the other wolf appeared to be preoccupied with problems that required an action not just fruitless contemplation. 

"You need any help?" Dwin spoke up, eager to have a distraction.
Loner
171 Posts
Ooc — Raven
His paws carried him over the snow dusted field leaving marks. His were not the only ones as various rabbit and rodent tracks also littered the top layer of snow. He'd been tracking a trail when the voice of the gray female caught his ears. 

He had not noticed her presence before, but hearing her speak did not startle him. His nerves far more settled then they had been earlier in the morning.

He did not need help, but he did not take her question so literally. "Any assistance is appreciated, Thank you" he stated accepting her offer. "I'm Andromed Dormian or Andr if you prefer" he said bowing his head in her direction in greeting.
Brecheliant
Family
704 Posts
Ooc — Me
Rational and pragmatic Dwin was just about to find out, how the primal brain functioned. 

The man looked up, replied and a delicious ripple ran down her spine and her knees suddenly felt weak. BINGO!!! Her biology screamed in her mind, muffling out all the usual buzz of her thoughts there and sweeping away all and everything in its way. Her rationality was slammed in the corner and lied for a while there, flailing its eight legs in the air (Dwin imagined this part of her brain as a spider), gasping for air. In the meanwhile biology made her sit down, tilt her head to the side and offer, what should have been a charming smile, but what in reality was some sort of half-finished grimace. Cause the rationality as the ruling party was not going to give up that easily. 

"Andr, very nice to meet you," she replied, dipping her head, glad to remedy at least some of the embarrassement she felt. "Dwin," she offered her name. "What kind of assistance you need?" she asked, quite innocently, while in her mind biology was jumping up and down and yelling such kind of nonesense as - Girlfriend? Wife? Faithful servant? me? Me? ME?!!!
Loner
171 Posts
Ooc — Raven
'Dwin' an interesting name that sounded like 'The Wind'.

A breath of fresh air over his thunderous morning perhaps.

"Nothing too special. I'm tracking down the prey of this area. Rodents and rabbits from the smell of it. But two noses on the ground are better than one." he stated. Kindly allow her to join him.

Would she be able to help him hunt? Maybe. But the distraction she would inevitably provide was far more appreciated.

Sry for the shorter post :/ Just how I was feeling on this one :)
Brecheliant
Family
704 Posts
Ooc — Me
Part of Dwin's mind was still angry at her for feeling like a fool, the other - that kept the smile on her lips and twinkle in her eyes - reasoned that, why should she not enjoy it, while it lasted? She was not a girly girl, so, why not feel like one of them for a day? Like Dee, when she spoke about the boy she fancied and who she was about to get married to?

"Tough luck in this weather, don't you think?" she remarked, looking around and not really catching any scent that would pique her interest. Though it could also be that she was not hungry at the moment. Earlier that day she and Sylvie had stumbled upon remnants of a deer carcass and had picked it clean. For a moment there she thought of suggesting this to Andr, but here the pragmatism won. The Blackthorn sisters would need something to eat tomorrow and day after that too. 

"Are you from around here? A moon-pack dweller, perhaps?" she guessed. 
Loner
171 Posts
Ooc — Raven
And so the two set out, leisurely scenting the ground while conversing over things so trivial as the weather. Conversation meant only to pass the time in good company. "Yes. Game in the winter is far more scarce than the lush of spring or summer. They hunker down free of the cold and subsequently our clutches. But they are not entirely elusive with the snow giving us hints we might otherwise miss" he mentioned gesturing to a trail of rabbit tracks. A sniff informed him they were a day old, not immediately promising, but a sign they were in the right area. 

Andr knew he was not saying anything the women didn't already know, but it was easy for him to ramble on about the familiar topic of hunting. 

"I don't find myself in one place these days, but I am familiar with local terrain. Yourself?" he returned.
Brecheliant
Family
704 Posts
Ooc — Me
Dwin was glad that the guy did all the talking, while she was busy calming her own raging thoughts and sillinessies. Frankly speaking, she was surprised, how much nonesense her usually pragmatic and rational mind could generate. Galore - it turned out. And such a waste of precious brain-energy. 

Ugh! She did a mental eyeroll at herself, while slowly and gradually that burst of pure idiocy was shoved in a bottle and a cap was put on. She could still hear it screaming and pleading from beyond the glass case, but now she was able to think rationally again.

"I am from Brecheliant. A place nestled among a ring of tall cliffs and with a lake in the middle," she smiled. "It's much better, when you see it up close in life. Instead of my lackluster description."