Sunset Valley Mask Off
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
922 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Riley was steady as ever. Masquerade found herself leaning against him, eyes slipping shut as she tried to collect herself. There was the guilt of taking off without letting anyone know, especially with New Snow expecting a litter. There was the worry that they would think of her as a deserter, despite everything. There was the fear that she might never be able to go back to the only home she’d ever known.

But Riley was her home now. Masquerade opened her eyes and gazed at the side of his face. He was her rock nowadays. That thought made her eyes drop to her feet as another surge of guilt crashed over her head. What would Mulherin think? Would he hold it against her? Would Redd? The rest of them? Many of them had left and returned, so she hoped that if she decided to come back, they would just be happy to see her.

And what if they never returned at all? It was an even more daunting prospect, difficult even to comprehend. Now she shook in earnest, resisting the impulse to look back at Redtail Rise lest she run back to it. She’d never known a life outside of it. And that, Masque knew, was the whole point of this endeavor. It was harder than she’d thought, yet it needed to happen.

I might be a bit messy the first few days, she said to her mate, smiling shakily at him, but as long as you’re with me, I know I can do this.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Mask Off - by Raider - February 05, 2024, 10:26 AM
RE: Mask Off - by Riley - February 05, 2024, 10:38 AM
RE: Mask Off - by Raider - February 05, 2024, 11:21 AM
RE: Mask Off - by Riley - February 05, 2024, 11:26 AM
RE: Mask Off - by Raider - February 05, 2024, 11:47 AM
RE: Mask Off - by Riley - February 05, 2024, 06:19 PM
RE: Mask Off - by Raider - February 05, 2024, 07:54 PM
RE: Mask Off - by Riley - February 08, 2024, 08:22 PM
RE: Mask Off - by Raider - February 08, 2024, 08:45 PM
RE: Mask Off - by Riley - February 10, 2024, 12:54 PM