Heron Lake Plateau The Years Go By
58 Posts
Ooc — Tara
All Welcome 
It had been a long time since the grey ghost had traveled through these lands. She was tired from her journeys which had really led her back to this place. Amaya was starting to believe that maybe this was where she should call home. However, now that she'd made that realization there was work to be done.

She'd been on her own for a long time. the grey woman felt that that chapter of her life needed to be over and it was time for a new one. In this chapter she imagined herself settling down and making friends. She wanted to find a pack that would accept her and bring her into their fold. That would take time she felt but she also felt that it was worth it if she didn't have to spend any more of her precious time alone.

Her tired paws carried her along a deer path that led her to the edge of what looked like a lake. She couldn't remember if she'd ever visited this lake before. That didn't matter much since it still provided the refreshing water that was so desperately needed. Coming to the edge with her toes just barely in the water Amaya bent her head to lap at the water to quench the thirst that seemed to run so deep in her throat.
Pledged
Dragonspine
865 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
She didn’t feel any differently yet, other than an increased appetite and the boost of energy that came with eating so much. Masquerade had decided to stick to Shadewood now that she was hopefully expecting—not to mention still healing—though she was still restless after her second patrol in a row today. Against her better judgment, she ventured beyond the territory.

She wound up climbing the plateau, suddenly keen to see her home from above. That would require picking her way around the vast lake, Masque knew from her brief former forays here. She trotted that way, long tail swaying behind her and head bent to comb the ground for any scents. She wasn’t here to hunt, though she could always eat, particularly lately! She didn’t want to pass up any opportunities.

Masquerade did stumble across something, though it wasn’t prey. Her yellow eyes narrowed on the figure of a wolf crouched by the lake shore, taking a long drink. She slowed her approach, angling for another spot along the bank to avoid startling the other she-wolf. As she closed in on the water’s edge, her gaze never left the stranger.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
58 Posts
Ooc — Tara
The water was a much needed relief as it slid down her throat. It had been sometime since she was last able to get a drink. once she'd had her fill her mind turned to the other things that she needed to do before night fell. At that moment her gaze lifted toward the sky to judge just how much daylight she had to work with. The grey woman judged it was about midday. She hoped that would give her enough time to get something to eat and find shelter before nightfall.

There were many decisions to make now that she'd decided this land was where she belonged. Amaya was tired though and felt that perhaps those things coukd wait a few more days while she rested up. Her gaze dropped back to the surroundings she found herself in. As she came back to the moment though her nose caught the scent of another wolf. Then out of the corner of her eye she caught movement. This drew her gaze to the side as tye other female came into view.

This was a small surprise for Amaya. She of course should have known that she might run into someone, she just wasn't expecting it to be so soon. Be that as it may the grey woman offered a friendly smile to the stranger before adding, “Hello,” by way of a greeting her tail waving a little behind her. Having not met the other woman before she wanted to ensure that she didn't appear threatening.
Pledged
Dragonspine
865 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
The stranger peered skyward and Masquerade resisted the urge to follow her gaze, keeping her own trained on the other wolf. She was a little larger than the Redtail, her pelt calling to mind rocky strata. When her head eventually dropped, Masque caught a glimpse of bright blue eyes.

She didn’t look away for a moment, prepared to assert herself. But then the woman offered a polite greeting, so Masque let her golden eyes slide sideways to avoid an unnecessary challenge. In the same breath, she cautiously closed some of the distance between them, slowing to a halt about three yards away.

Hello, she responded in kind. I’m Masque.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)