Ankyra Sound They started praying, they were saying, "well we hope you'll be forgiven."
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
rosalyn spoke of many things, but fear and love were tantamount among them. and before the pirate had finished, erzulie had already turned back to her lover, tears threatening the corners of her two-toned eyes. but she did not answer until rosalyn had finished speaking — she only drew a breath that shook slightly.
"i do not know all of what dey did to you, kònèy mwen, but i would rip de t'roat from each an' every drageda wolf who came to kill you again." her voice had dropped into a deep keen of anger, and this time she did not stop it. "rusalka grows. i do not fear de dogs on de cliff. i fear only losing you. again," she added, and this time she must, simply must, return her gaze to the sea, for fear she would break into weeping.
"i did not know you still lived until you answered me dat day. i did not know dey had not killed you for it until we came to bring you home." home. the word held a familar heaviness, but one that had never comforted erzulie until now.
"dis could be your home also, rosalyn," the harlot murmured, looking into her lover's eyes once more. "you deserve a home. but," and at last her voice did crack, "i will not force you to stay here. i will not beg an' plead an' hurt you. to know you are alive is enough, even if it is ... even if it is not wit' me."
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
Messages In This Thread
RE: They started praying, they were saying, "well we hope you'll be forgiven." - by Erzulie - January 19, 2019, 06:16 PM