Halp- Questions About Character Design
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
(October 08, 2020, 10:02 PM)Evien Wrote: I can try to edit the images to fix the markings to not look exact, but I did specify this time that they're not perfectly accurate to how they actually look. I have seen other characters accepted because they specified that the references were not 100% accurate, and I'll be making more accurate ones in the future ^^

The hard line on the markings thing is a bit weird for me because we've got characters on here with exact patterns of other animals which doesn't occur in real life so I figured that smudgy faces would be okay too
Smudgy faces are okay - but the design in question isn't smudges. We've approved the character -- provided the note about marking accuracy is included until an accurate reference is obtained.

I'm glad you brought up the bold as this is an important thing to discuss -- there shouldn't be inaccurate reference sheets for characters on WOLF. At best, it misrepresents the character and confuses players trying to describe the character while threading with them. At worst, the player is using the footnote as a way to bypass our Guidebook rules about realistic designs, while still describing and playing the character as something that doesn't fit into our Guidelines.

Regarding hearts -- these happen naturally.

This thread serves as a good reminder for players looking for unique designs to refer to our Guidebook first, since there are definitely designs out there that would not pass muster under our current rule-set. Hope that all helps, but I'm happy to answer any other questions while the thread is up!
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
Halp- Questions About Character Design - by Evien - October 07, 2020, 10:02 PM
RE: Halp - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 07, 2020, 10:34 PM
RE: Halp - by Derg - October 08, 2020, 04:38 PM
RE: Halp - by Arcturus - October 08, 2020, 05:24 PM
RE: Halp - by Lilitu - October 08, 2020, 06:34 PM
RE: Halp - by Ira - October 08, 2020, 08:55 PM
RE: Halp - by Osiris’s Ghost - October 08, 2020, 09:23 PM
RE: Halp - by Evien - October 08, 2020, 10:02 PM
RE: Halp - by Arcturus - October 10, 2020, 06:05 PM