Broken Antler Fen time's the revelator, the revelator
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
Read Only 
curled underneath the thin arms of a fir, arcturus slept as the wind ruffled gently between his winter coat.

if he dreamed at all, he did not remember it when he woke.

along the horizon where the navy sky met distant peaks and far-away snow, a wintry breath of wind roved. it trawled along the fanged peaks, howling down ironbacked mountains -- until at last it settled in the fen and rippled powdery snow across the frozen river.

overhead, a winter sky spread in infinite navy. stars winked in and out of view, silver and red and brilliant -- for all arcturus knew, their song could have ended a millennia ago and here he was, receiving the last of their spark before they signed off into interminable black forever.

he woke as a change in the wind came, bearing with it the scent of sulfur.

an old smell -- familiar. some flashback to a different timeline, his mother and father inspecting a hardened stone on a mountain far away. as arcturus turned his eyes up to the indigo heaven he saw an arcing white light. brilliant
-- blinding -- with such a powerful knockback it reminded him of revui's teeth.

he could see everything eerily illuminated, down to the snarled lines of bark on the trees ahead.

he closed his eyes against the flare, ears pinned as an eerie silence settled over the valley. what followed then was a hollowing noise as something distant and far was upended, the impact event roaring towards him from hundreds of miles away with such ravenous hunger it may well have been a wolf come for its last meal.

arcturus felt a blast of wind shriek past him. the trees groaned and ice rattled from their great limbs. around him the sound of shattering, crumpling --

a groan of something visceral in the earth below. some giant's tumulus collapsed, the lifeblood of the earth untapped. whatever it was, arcturus felt a chill seize his heart as the world was restored to its former darkness -- which in the fallout, seemed shockingly black.

in the distance, moonspear fell under siege. arcturus, hundreds of miles away, could only look on helplessly as the shoulders of his home became cowled in dragon's embers against a midnight blue sky.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away