Wild Fauna breeding questions
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Great questions- and I'm happy to see some questions regarding Wild Fauna breeding and reproduction because fuzzy baby wild fauna being born in gam isn't something I've seen, I don't think? But would love to :)

ze handy dandy guidebook states:
"Keep in mind like wolves, Wild Fauna require permission in order to breed, and must breed during their normal season. In order to obtain WF breeding rights, you must contact the CMs for permission"

So for something like deer, they rut and mate in the fall so someone roleplaying a deer, we would expect them to follow that natural biological pattern for that species.

With cougars, I'm assuming some of your question concerns the amount of contribution from a father cougar, yes? And whether it be necessary to have an actual male cougar character, who meets the MERS, or are you asking if it's possible just using a NPC to do so? Considering the females do the raising on their own.  

(Gives Benry a nudge) 

I'm not sure if MERS would apply for solitary species who only involve the opposite gender to mate and then nothing else. But yep- she'd follow whatever is normal for a cougar, in terms of breeding season and such, not what we use for wolf puppy season :)
Messages In This Thread
Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Umi - October 21, 2020, 11:23 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding question - by RIP Niamh - October 21, 2020, 11:42 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Umi - October 22, 2020, 12:16 AM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Arcturus - October 22, 2020, 05:50 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Umi - October 22, 2020, 10:01 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Arcturus - October 22, 2020, 10:14 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Umi - October 22, 2020, 10:36 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Arcturus - October 22, 2020, 10:54 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Umi - October 22, 2020, 11:27 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Alyx - October 22, 2020, 10:16 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Arcturus - October 23, 2020, 08:32 AM