Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,267 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
The girl was aptly named! The little bird was quick to speak and to ramble, and Kaluktuk did not mind to hear it. He enjoyed hearing about his son and how the two had met - and was not so much surprised by the tale, as he was proud of Kivaluk for having saved someone. He wondered if that was something he learned from Kaluktuk or Sunman, and found a touch of bitterness.

I am glad you are happy. The both of you. And he meant it. As he came to where Ariadne often slept, he placed the turkey down by the door and ducked inside to see her - but she was not there; likely having gone to run an errand or, perhaps to visit her shrine with someone's help.

When he came out again, he was smiling to the girl. I will let Ariadne know of your gift. It will be safe here. He took it and tucked it inside the door with care, then was outside again with Chickadee.

Can you tell me... What is he like? Kaluktuk did not want to pressure her. He was curious, and knew he could not spend time with Kivaluk now - things were too difficult. If I'm not overstepping with the question. I only wish to know him. And he knew he had messed that up.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Messages In This Thread
redthread - by Chickadee - December 12, 2023, 04:12 PM
RE: redthread - by Kigipigak - December 13, 2023, 06:27 AM
RE: redthread - by Chickadee - December 14, 2023, 02:24 PM
RE: redthread - by Kigipigak - December 18, 2023, 12:20 AM
RE: redthread - by Chickadee - December 18, 2023, 09:54 AM
RE: redthread - by Kigipigak - December 18, 2023, 07:19 PM
RE: redthread - by Chickadee - December 18, 2023, 07:47 PM
RE: redthread - by Kigipigak - December 19, 2023, 09:35 PM
RE: redthread - by Chickadee - December 21, 2023, 02:35 PM