Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,267 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Sons! It stung him to think about it, but he would oblige her.

So long as they are healthy I do not care what they are. That was the truth; there was a difference he felt between Tartok and the sunshine people, again. That they favored their girls for some roles and their sons for others. Kaluktuk only wanted them to be born healthy and strong at this point, and hoped for love from them as they grew.

Deep within his heart he favored sons also, but could not voice this. He thought only of Kivaluk and Akkuma, and was burned by a bittersweet notion that he had failed them in many ways, yet they were their own people now, and they had lived because of his choices, and now he had a chance to do something different. To be better.

I think a daughter would be good, though. I would like to see how strong an issumatar-girl could be, with your spirit within her.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Messages In This Thread
[m] in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Ariadne - December 28, 2023, 03:13 PM
RE: n the middle of the night in my dreams - by Kigipigak - December 28, 2023, 05:38 PM
RE: in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Ariadne - December 28, 2023, 06:25 PM
RE: in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Kigipigak - December 28, 2023, 07:48 PM
RE: in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Ariadne - December 28, 2023, 08:15 PM
RE: in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Kigipigak - December 28, 2023, 08:19 PM
RE: [m] in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Ariadne - December 28, 2023, 08:36 PM
RE: [m] in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Ariadne - December 28, 2023, 08:56 PM
RE: [m] in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Kigipigak - December 28, 2023, 09:03 PM
RE: [m] in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Ariadne - December 28, 2023, 09:18 PM
RE: [m] in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Ariadne - December 28, 2023, 10:08 PM
RE: [m] in the middle of the night in my dreams - by Ariadne - December 29, 2023, 09:19 AM