Bearclaw Valley to go, to run, to go, to run
Pledged
Bearclaw
828 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Ranger
Guardian
Warrior
thanks for starting a thread and tagging me in it! I was away for a bit but I was super happy to get to this once I got back :)

She could recognize the signs of anxiety. Her words would be of little use, not until they had been proven to be true- and likely, it would take more than one return to reassure her that not everyone left for good when they went away. She kept it in the back of her mind to ask Ancelin to do more short day trips, so that the girl might adjust. 

The chewing, sucking, however- was not something she was able to tolerate, not when she saw the movement in Athalia's jaw. She pushed the bone toward the girl, her gaze gentle but firm. "Chew thith, inthtead," She said, hoping that chewing on something other than her own dewclaw might suffice. 

She looked up, and sighed, breathing in the cool air which she wished would warm, soon. "They go, every year." She said. "Firtht the little birdth, then the duckth, then the geethe. They come back in Thpring." She remembered how difficult and empty her first winter had seemed, in the wake of being left behind to fend for herself. She had been taken in by the time the cold winds came, but she still felt a pang of loss accentuated by just how quiet, lonely and cold the winter was. "You like the birdth?" She asked, then.
Messages In This Thread
to go, to run, to go, to run - by Athalia - December 22, 2023, 12:08 AM
RE: to go, to run, to go, to run - by Ameline - December 29, 2023, 12:32 PM
RE: to go, to run, to go, to run - by Athalia - December 29, 2023, 11:54 PM
RE: to go, to run, to go, to run - by Ameline - December 30, 2023, 01:24 PM
RE: to go, to run, to go, to run - by Athalia - December 30, 2023, 01:32 PM
RE: to go, to run, to go, to run - by Ameline - January 30, 2024, 02:13 PM
RE: to go, to run, to go, to run - by Athalia - February 17, 2024, 09:49 PM
RE: to go, to run, to go, to run - by Ameline - February 19, 2024, 12:08 PM