Ankyra Sound I WOULDN'T SINK LIKE A STONE [mandatory saltwinter meeting]
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Pack Activity 
keeping the beginning vague but this is a mandatory pack meeting - no post order - slight PP assuming everyone is here so we can get the first post out of the way -- now for tags: @Vlad @Rosalyn @Njal @Caoimhe @Kjalarr @Lusca -- @James and @Magnus, tagging you two for visibility since you are in joining thread[s]

following lasher's departure caiaphas immediately went back to the grotto. she counted the wares, inspected the cache -- and she waited until nightfall before issuing a fluting howl that drifted in cacophonous echos from the mouth of the den. by now most of the rogue band would be settling for the night, and she eyed each as they hunkered before her, eyes bright and curious for any explanation.

"salut, friends. it seems we have company on our fine shore." she canted her hips, so the scoremarks that pierced her hide would be visible. "a few days ago, i encountered a strange wolf on our borders. he was a silver agouti with a broad band of red on his muzzle. he called himself captain ferahgo and seemed very keen to learn about the sound. our conversation was cut short as he attempted to attack me when i would not humor his inquiries." her gaze flashed with contempt. "but that is not the worst of it -- after he left, i elected to travel down the strand to see where he had gone. i did not find him -- but instead, around the brim of tokota river i came across the scents of several wolves, ferahgo included. it is clear that is a common ground, but it bears no markings -- the trail grows  cold at the base of the tokota. before i could investigate further i was beset by a large pale wolf, female and from scent alone, a compatriot of ferahgo's. she too attacked me, and left me with these marks." she jutted her gaunt hips forward, her gaze trailing the angry wounds. "it would seem these wolves have settled somewhere along the strand, and are not friendly."

she took a small break, regaining her breath -- it was not custom for her to speak at such length, and she wished to provide her comrades time to digest all she had said. "as if this were not enough, it seems they have also violated donnelaith territory. for those of you that do not know, donnelaith sits south of us, by the sentinels, and is run by an old comrade of mine. they attacked a few of his packmates, and he has reason to believe they are responsible for the death of another." her expression grew increasingly incensed as she spoke. "normally, it would do well to let sleeping dogs lie -- but these dogs have put our survival in jeopardy. and in saltwinter there is only one rule -- and that rule is survival." she stood, her voice bounding from the grotto walls in powerful resonance. "and so, there is only one answer for those who would imperil our lives.. and that answer is death." the coywolf stepped back, allowing others the floor. "now - questions and concerns?"
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread