Heron Lake Plateau i could tell she wasn't lying, you were lying with a lion up there
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
real-talk, story time (because the crab thing made me lol) - when i was probably six or seven my parents had a cookout at my gparent's lake, and lobster was included. they were fumbling around in a paper bag on the kitchen table, so when my parents were trying to set up the grill i took the entire bag and dumped them in the lake because i felt really bad they were about to be killed/eaten. pr sure my parents considered putting me up for adoption because it was about ten of them.. and they died anyway LOL

caiaphas much preferred the coast; if niamh liked it, the sylph breathed it. it was every bit a part of her as the battered cliffs were part of the stony shore, as wind was a part of the coast, as interwoven as brine on the high seas. she would not have admitted it, but she missed it terribly -- and felt abhorrently out of place so far inland.

a brief smile touched her lips to have heard niamh's folly - a waste of food, she thought, though she could appreciate the sentiment of bringing the sea's obviously superior cuisine inland. caiaphas already had grown weary of terrestrial meat, and would have killed then for the crunch of crab between her teeth, or the gritty yet succulent slab of seal-meat.

resting her head on her paws, she watched as niamh gently played with svalinn. while some part of her was hideously screaming in maternal jealousy, she ignored it; she was too tired, and too vulnerable -- these wolves had let her sorry party in and she knew better than to set a stink and alienate herself from the last fringes of her family. thinking back on what niamh had said about her own bloodline, caiaphas spoke. "a good sign, that you like it here. are there many wolves? do we have enemies, besides the wolf that you and the wolf with the bird killed? allies?"
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i could tell she wasn't lying, you were lying with a lion up there - by Caiaphas - July 04, 2018, 11:30 AM