Shadewood and if i go far away i know you'll find another slave
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas endured the sniggering of the stranger, listening on with a sort of detached disdain as his tirade went from quiet giggles to full-blown derisive laughter. underneath her coldly collected composure she felt a ripple of something unexpected -- was she offended he was mocking the pack that had housed her?

she decided a few seconds after, that yes, yes she was.

her opinions of the validity of the name 'redhawks' aside, caiaphas did possess a sort of burgeoning loyalty to the pack. it wasn't that she loved her packmates (she certainly didn't) or was devoutly attached to the location (definitely wasn't) -- but she had lost much in the storm that lead up to redhawks, and they had let her in.

for that, they would get a strange brand of loyalty -- though one that might come at an unseemly cost.

she raised her head, delivering a look that could cut down men. he was done with his odd belittlement, but caiaphas was only just getting started. "cry?" she repeated rather quietly, almost stupidly -- "shouldn't they have named you 'giggle'?" he had mocked the plateau, and thus, had earned himself the unkind attention caiaphas was often prone to administering. "it is a family name," she explained, knowing she might have sounded defensive. "but it is not mine..." caiaphas had spent enough time with him that she thought she detected the real reason he was here -- indeed, his scent certainly seemed to permeate the place.  "they would not like to hear you have designs here." it was not a warning so much as a subtle show of force: he was alone... but caiaphas was not.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and if i go far away i know you'll find another slave - by Caiaphas - November 09, 2018, 08:02 PM