Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
WC: 687
--------------------------------------------------
Like many others in the pack, Tegan’s absence had caused Niamh concern, though he might not have realized it. He’d been gone longer than she’d expected, had he simply gone to the borders of Blackfeather, had a quick chat, and then come directly back. She didn’t expect him to take on any other tasks, not while other wolves were out searching as well, making them run a bit slim in terms of numbers of adult wolves left to mind the pack. With Tegan away, and Raven and Colt out searching as well- and she’d be damned if she’d admit that her own brother, Ambrose, had wandered off as well without explaining where he was going- they were down four adult members, and that made a difference. Five, when you included the reason for the other four to be away, but she tried not to hold too big of a grudge against Ceara, in case she had been taken away against her will.

So when Tegan called out, sounding fairly tired, Niamh chuffed to herself, and bolted for the borders. Along the way, she caught Towhee’s scent, and wondered if she’d gotten the news from X...But then again, it was better not to leave things to chance. Tegan was back, and he was calling out for Towhee, which likely meant that he had something personal to say. She caught up with her Person and using both Ptero and spoken word, she informed her that Tegan had just called for her. He was back. Niamh still didn’t know what to think- whether he would come bearing good news or bad news, or what kind of condition he would be in.

She moved along with Towhee, not wanting to just bolt and run ahead because...Well, rude, though Towhee’s leg was definitely improving now. She didn’t want to jinx it, though, so she moved at the same pace as her friend, not pushing her or trying to slow her down as she knew intervening in any way would likely be useless. Plus, she wanted to see Tegan too. When she caught sight of him, he wasn’t in great condition, nor was he alone- but at least he was accompanied by a familiar face. Niamh glanced to Towhee, knowing that she was much closer to Hydra, but she couldn’t help but wonder why, exactly, Hydra was there. Tegan looked exhausted, having slumped to the ground, and he’d obviously been in a bit of a scuffle. Niamh gave Hydra an appreciative nod, but moved directly to Tegan’s side and lowered herself to the ground there. He had a kind of dazed look, one that she recognized. She reached out to touch his shoulder, with a soft whine, but she froze.

It wasn’t simply the dazed look that triggered her reaction. Niamh froze, as though she’d suddenly been hit in the spine by a dart. She too had been concussed once, and she had seen the effect that it had had on Screech. And though she knew almost immediately, due to the size of his pupils and the bleary look he had, that he had a concussion, she still found herself stiffen and found herself incapable of moving. Something held her fast, hovering her muzzle just above Tegan’s shoulder, but slowly, the fur along her spine began to lift strand by strand. She felt a strange feeling- the sort of sensation one might have in the middle of the night when awakened by a sound you couldn’t remember, and the brush of a cool wind when all the windows were already shut. She felt as though she was being watched by a ghost, but couldn’t yet pinpoint exactly why it was that her nerves responded in such a way. ”Tegan…” She voiced softly, eyes searching his face for an explanation. She looked to Hydra next, and then over her shoulder at Towhee. She didn’t want to admit it, but she had a feeling that she knew what had happened- but it all seemed far too surreal to be tangible.
--------------------------------------------------
Messages In This Thread
alright, i'm lying, it's pleather - by Tegan - November 07, 2018, 12:33 PM
RE: alright, i'm lying, it's pleather - by RIP Niamh - November 07, 2018, 02:10 PM
RE: alright, i'm lying, it's pleather - by Towhee - November 07, 2018, 04:13 PM
RE: alright, i'm lying, it's pleather - by Hydra - November 07, 2018, 11:12 PM
RE: alright, i'm lying, it's pleather - by Tegan - November 07, 2018, 11:51 PM
RE: alright, i'm lying, it's pleather - by RIP Niamh - November 08, 2018, 01:19 AM
RE: alright, i'm lying, it's pleather - by Towhee - November 08, 2018, 09:54 AM
RE: alright, i'm lying, it's pleather - by Hydra - November 12, 2018, 05:01 PM
RE: alright, i'm lying, it's pleather - by Tegan - November 14, 2018, 07:20 PM
RE: alright, i'm lying, it's pleather - by RIP Niamh - November 19, 2018, 03:44 PM
RE: alright, i'm lying, it's pleather - by Towhee - November 19, 2018, 08:37 PM