Heron Lake Plateau And hell I took you up on all your threats to leave
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Eljay's discomfort didn't surprise Niamh. She realized, then, that this must have been hard on him- his instincts were different than hers....There he was, a handsome, gentle creature who could take care of the pack's puppies like no other could. That was Eljay's purpose; he was their caregiver extraprdinaire. So to hang onto something while another wolf killed it...It'd probably traumatized him a bit. She softened slightly, and tried to keep her excitement in check, AND to push her own ego back down her throat. The likeness of a coyote in comparison to a wolf was likely what was setting him off, so she nodded as she dropped the coyote, and touched her nose to his cheek, hoping to distract him from that zoned out look he had on his face. 

"It stole from our caches. Probably gobbled it down before I even saw it, but I saw the open cache. But if it's that bold, it would go for a puppy in the Spring. Your job is to protect them, and my job is to protect you." She said, in case he had never heard that argument before. Niamh fully believed that the cunning tricksters would try again- so if she couldn't simply maim and release a coyote to die, she'd kill it herself. They weren't wolves; they weren't much above a weasel on her list. She noticed the wound on his chest had started to bleed, so she hunched her shoulders a bit, and scooted in a bit closer, giving him the side-eye the whole time, if he decided to step away from her, and tried to clean his wound out a little. She paused, and gestured deftly toward the coyote's carcass. 

"I'll take care of it." She said calmly, in a voice that should hopefully reassure him that it would be put to good use. Niamh had no qualms with eating coyote if she was desparate- so it would be stored away until such a point came up; same with the other coyotes she had. This time, though, she had another plan to put in place, involving severing several of its non-edible parts (such as ears, tail and feet) and strewing them across the borders as a warning. If it worked, it'd be an effective warning to all future would-be coyote trespassers.[/b]
Messages In This Thread
RE: And hell I took you up on all your threats to leave - by RIP Niamh - December 27, 2018, 11:11 AM