Heron Lake Plateau i.x : who was only a stranger at home
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
--------------------------------------------------
What the female said next did give Niamh pause. That little creeping feeling of doubt was strengthened by her words, though she didn't want to believe it. She paused in her circling and eyed the swamp-laced female with contempt, though it was likely then that her doubt showed on her features. She shook her head; no, this stranger was just trying to call her bluff. Or was she trying to lure Niamh in and take her back to the Blackhawks now that their captive had escaped? This novel idea caused Niamh to wonder even more if this was a trick...Why, exactly, had this female come, then? There was no way she'd come to tell them just that Screech was dead...She even admitted that she wasn't sure what Screech meant to them, and Niamh scowled. As if the situation couldn't get any more confusing. 

She thought of explaining it...But then again, when did words ever help- and did she want to give a Blackfeather intel as to why they hated Screech? The Redhawks had left the Plateau to get away from this kind of treachery- but clearly it was still following them. She felt now, more than ever, that the only way to truly rid themselves of the constant fear of Blackfeather tyranny wasn't to move, but to annihilate. But for a wolf who had never once killed another wolf- it was much easier to imagine, having never felt the consequences of taking a life. 

Niamh was still fuming and puzzling when Colt unexpectedly showed up, concern on his features. He didn't intervene, but he did look as though he disapproved of what he saw. Niamh, clearly vexed, circling a disfigured, muddy girl on the ground. She opened her mouth, but wasn't sure what to say to him, so she growled and shook her pelt, making it stand on end even more than before. She still couldn't shake that feeling of something sharp dragging up along the ridge of her spine. "She's a Blackfeather," She replied simply, still hoping that Towhee would show up. But then again, more than perhaps any other wolf- save for Towhee- she knew that Colt would give a solid, honest opinion. "She says Screech is dead, but I know she's lying." She said confidently, and instantly felt a bit foolish. Colt likely didn't give a damn whether Screech was alive or dead. "She could b-" She started to speak, but then Towhee arrived, and while she held back for a moment, Niamh motioned her forward hastily. 

Knowing that Colt would understand at least most of what she was saying- she didn't even know how much ptero he knew, given the fact that he and Towhee weren't terribly tight- she addressed Towhee, still keeping an eye on their current captive. 

-"She's from Blackfeather...And it's fucked up."- She signed. -"She says Screech is dead....But I don't believe her. Why would she come all this way to tell us that unless she had some other motive?"- She couldn't help but allow her paranoia to show in the widened state of her eyes and the way her ears flicked forward and back nervously. She looked like an animal on the verge of snapping at the wire cage it had been put in simply because it didn't understand that it wouldn't help. -"She could be a spy, checking out where we live...I threatened to make her take me back to Blackfeather to call out Screech and do a life exchange...But maybe that's what she...no...Maybe that's what they want,"- She signed. She shook her head. -"I dunno whether to kill her, or drag her back, or keep her hostage or just let her go or what. If they lost Ceara as a hostage, maybe they sent her looking for a replacement,"- She signed with a huff. She looked to Colt, and then to Towhee, thankful that X had heard the urgency in her call. -"This is bigger than just me,"- She signed, almost reluctantly. She looked to Colt, then. Had she simply acted upon instinct and forced Maegi to lead her back to the Blackfeathers, she could have been the next one to be their hostage and go missing- and she couldn't do that to Colt. Her gaze fell back upon Towhee, her co-Beta. -"I need your help, Tow"- She signed meaningfully. Even though they were both Betas, Niamh knew in her heart that for decisions like this one- especially as it involved her brother- she couldn't make the choice without Towhee's input. This decision was one that she couldn't make alone- she needed to know Towhee's call. 
--------------------------------------------------
Messages In This Thread
i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Maegi - December 01, 2018, 11:36 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by RIP Niamh - December 02, 2018, 10:26 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Maegi - December 03, 2018, 11:00 AM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by RIP Niamh - December 03, 2018, 02:04 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Maegi - December 03, 2018, 02:46 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by RIP Niamh - December 03, 2018, 03:07 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Maegi - December 03, 2018, 07:45 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by RIP Niamh - December 03, 2018, 08:33 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Maegi - December 04, 2018, 01:37 AM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by RIP Niamh - December 04, 2018, 02:28 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Colt RIP - December 04, 2018, 02:41 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Towhee - December 04, 2018, 03:30 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Maegi - December 04, 2018, 03:42 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by RIP Niamh - December 04, 2018, 04:06 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Colt RIP - December 04, 2018, 07:26 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Towhee - December 04, 2018, 07:33 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Maegi - December 04, 2018, 08:05 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by RIP Niamh - December 04, 2018, 08:27 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Colt RIP - December 04, 2018, 08:36 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Towhee - December 04, 2018, 08:49 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Maegi - December 04, 2018, 09:17 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by RIP Niamh - December 04, 2018, 09:33 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Colt RIP - December 04, 2018, 10:11 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by RIP Niamh - December 04, 2018, 10:28 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Quixote - December 04, 2018, 10:46 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by RIP Niamh - December 04, 2018, 11:06 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Quixote - December 04, 2018, 11:26 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Towhee - December 04, 2018, 11:27 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Quixote - December 04, 2018, 11:46 PM
RE: i.x : who was only a stranger at home - by Towhee - December 04, 2018, 11:58 PM