Blackwater Islands and still too close to you i feel
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
there were many reactions one came to expect when they interacted with strangers on the road. some were volatile, some were friendly. some seemed pugilistic in manner while others ignored you.. and some smiled the cheekiest smiles while they robbed you blind.

yet it was not many that whirled upon a stranger in irritated, possibly fearful surprise; caiaphas took a step back, a wariness in her gaze as she watched wraen's posture shift from defensive to something a little less reactive.

caiaphas could not say she blamed a woman, particularly a lone one, for being sharp on her toes -- not in this world, anyway.

the female's tone was polite, though she detected an undercurrent of exhaustion. perhaps it was better to keep this encounter brief, though caiaphas would not waste the energy she had expended approaching wraen in the first place by saying nothing at all. "you seen a brown wolf lately?" her voice threw over the wind in clips, the sound stuttering as the gale picked up. it would be easy for wraen to tell then that caiaphas was watching her reaction closely, for her hawkish yellow eyes had narrowed as soon as she finished speaking.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
and still too close to you i feel - by Caiaphas - December 14, 2018, 10:03 AM
RE: and still too close to you i feel - by Wraen - December 15, 2018, 01:49 PM
RE: and still too close to you i feel - by Caiaphas - December 16, 2018, 03:26 PM
RE: and still too close to you i feel - by Wraen - December 17, 2018, 04:19 AM
RE: and still too close to you i feel - by Caiaphas - December 19, 2018, 08:30 PM
RE: and still too close to you i feel - by Wraen - December 23, 2018, 12:33 PM
RE: and still too close to you i feel - by Caiaphas - December 24, 2018, 04:28 PM
RE: and still too close to you i feel - by Wraen - December 27, 2018, 02:13 PM
RE: and still too close to you i feel - by Caiaphas - December 29, 2018, 04:20 PM
RE: and still too close to you i feel - by Wraen - December 29, 2018, 06:01 PM
RE: and still too close to you i feel - by Caiaphas - January 02, 2019, 07:14 PM
RE: and still too close to you i feel - by Wraen - January 03, 2019, 01:56 PM
RE: and still too close to you i feel - by Caiaphas - January 10, 2019, 06:37 PM
RE: and still too close to you i feel - by Wraen - January 11, 2019, 05:07 PM