Ankyra Sound i never grew up all at once - i did it one place and another along the way
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
[Image: giphy.gif]

a moment that spanned an eternity seemed to pass through them; it lasted mere seconds, yet in that time the sylph had measured up the inscrutable gravitas of her son, and had known whatever words to come out of his mouth would have been hard-wrestled to loosen.

she half-expected an announcement he was leaving, or perhaps, that he hated it here -- instead, she got a proposition that caused the corners of her lips to curl up in a devilishl pleased expression.

she had not yet considered which of her offspring would embrace the leadership rank; they had been freshly indoctrinated into adult deportments, and all of them (even raleska) performed in a manner caiaphas would have described as 'adequate'. yet illidan, much like svalinn, had fought had for his mother's approval -- and had won it.

"okay, good." she answered after consideration, the tip of her tail twitching in amusement. "if there is one thing you can learn from your mother, let it be that you must take what you want -- no one will ever simply give it to you. life does not work that way. you crack the bones of life, and you steal from it its marrow -- otherwise, someone else will do the same to you.

you want something, take it." she paused, glancing back to the grotto where the rest of the wolves likely were. "but there is no one in beta rank." she added quietly, almost somberly: "so you will take it from me."

the siren lowered her muzzle, shielding the wound along her neck with a ginger step. "hit me three times, and i will give it to you; but mind the neck."
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.