Ankyra Sound And even though I listened, I never heard a word they said.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
it was a good thing rosalyn kept her tongue to herself, for caiaphas would have been irascible to hear such an opinion. even if, in the back of her mind, she thought much the same -- if only because he was unfit to be a true eyjolfur, and was better seen among the company of the defective dogs of drageda.

her gaze was sharply brought back to rosalyn, for her tone had shifted to one of gratitude and the sylph dismissed it with a begrudging flutter of her lips. it would do no good to be soft -- but inwardly, she certainly appreciated the sentiment.

as rosalyn continued, she elaborated on a concept that the sylph had been only dimly suspicious of - that the two were pairbonded, by more than simply friendship.

it did not bother the siren queen, for as a nereides she knew well the temptation to turn to the softer sex -- they were often smarter, keener, and far more understanding of the female's sexual confines. it was not unusual in themiscyra that secret trysts often appeared -- for men were useless without the member between their legs that fed and drove their every action, and had they not held the secret to reproduction by that swinging mound of flesh centered between their loins, they would have long ago been cast aside as detritus by women, for they served little purpose.

"how will you do that?" she queried, knowing it was impropable for their own coupling to yield offspring. "you would need a male -- but there are plenty at the sound that could be useful, if that is what you wish." her own mind drifted to kierkegaard -- their mating had been a passionless affair, borne of her own driving want for offspring... but as the days turned into months alongside the grizzled gargoyle, she had found a softness in her heart for him, and they had eventually turned to mates. she quickly chased such thoughts from her mind, for revisiting the past brought little but trouble.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: And even though I listened, I never heard a word they said. - by Caiaphas - January 26, 2019, 07:03 PM