Sun Mote Copse Waking young and feeling old
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Niamh was disappointed to hear that this secret society didn't exist- though part of her was relieved too, to hear that the pack wouldn't be divided by their relations or lack thereof. Given that she didn't know Wraen very well, and perhaps due to the fact that she wasn't terribly keen in matters of observation, she didn't suspect that Wraen had merely withdrawn her invitation not because the society didn't exist, but because Niamh didn't make the cut. It was likely for the best that Niamh didn't even think of this- as it might have changed how she saw Wraen, and might have made her suspicious. Regardless, she didn't even think to wonder if Wraen was telling the truth or hiding a secret, so she merely felt slightly bummed that this club didn't exist. The invitation to bond with the trio she didn't know terribly well, though, appealed to her greatly. "That sounds cool; I'd like that," She said, and made a mental note to actually follow through with that invitation. "I might just be the right amount of crazy to fit in," She said with a chuckle. Poor Wraen- she had no idea. Fortunately, Niamh's 'crazy' had been somewhat reined in since she'd relocated to the Copse. 

Niamh tilted her head to the side with curiosity when Wraen admitted that March Owl, the March Owl, was her grandmother. That would make her related to Towhee then, would it not? Niamh shrugged, but nodded at Wraen's conclusion, as she wasn't terribly good at figuring out how relationships- beyond immediate family- worked. "I think so, yep," She said. 

"My Dad told me," She said, leaning back a bit, but fortunately the small den's ceiling was high enough to allow her to do that without conking her head. "He was pretty good at keeping track of family history. Apparently my- our- family tends to wander a lot, so he and his Dad before him figured it'd be best to bring their history with them. I'm not much good at it, so I don't remember all the details, but they were pretty darn good at keeping family records straight." She admitted. "From what I recall- and I might be wrong- but somewhere way back, a couple generations- there was a sort of...Split, or something, in the family. I remember the names Osprey and March Owl, and I think there was a Peregrine and...Another bird...Aves? They were all siblings, and all DeMontes, but also half Endore, through their mom. But I think both their parents went missing, so March Owl- who was kinda the ringleader of the bunch- decided that she and Osprey, who were the closest, should make their own surname- and it was Redleaf, or something like that." She said. "I think the shortcut between our families...Is that March Owl's dad, Fennyroyal," She said, mistakenly skewering his name a tad, "And my Great-great grandfather, Bragi, were half-brothers." She said. She offered an apologetic smile. "I think that's it, anyway."
Messages In This Thread
Waking young and feeling old - by RIP Niamh - February 27, 2019, 09:21 PM
RE: Waking young ad feeling old - by Wraen - March 03, 2019, 10:05 AM
RE: Waking young ad feeling old - by RIP Niamh - March 11, 2019, 11:01 AM
RE: Waking young ad feeling old - by Wraen - March 13, 2019, 04:37 AM
RE: Waking young ad feeling old - by RIP Niamh - March 13, 2019, 12:25 PM
RE: Waking young ad feeling old - by Wraen - March 14, 2019, 04:34 AM
RE: Waking young and feeling old - by RIP Niamh - March 25, 2019, 01:28 PM
RE: Waking young and feeling old - by Wraen - March 27, 2019, 02:17 PM
RE: Waking young and feeling old - by RIP Niamh - March 28, 2019, 11:59 PM
RE: Waking young and feeling old - by Wraen - April 01, 2019, 03:06 PM
RE: Waking young and feeling old - by RIP Niamh - April 09, 2019, 11:18 AM