Ankyra Sound i got to take what i’m making, and turn it into something for you.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
twice now, caiaphas had been betrayed by blood. the realization of life's twisted ironies (and fate's fickle sense of humor) dawned upon caiaphas slowly. that it would all start and end here...

suddenly she was laughing, laughing. at herself and her follies. at her dead enemies. at the seemingly fatal wound in her heart - laughing at it all - life, chances, kismet. whoever sat in that overworld throne must have looked down with great mirth upon caiaphas' mortal struggles -- and now she was breaking, laughing, breaking in two.

a wolf came besides her. caiaphas' laughter died to a slow trickle, her madman's eyes resting on kiwi. ah, the girl from the cliffs that had tried to make that stony fortress her home anew. wellt what did she make of all this now, months later, with rusalka and drageda both no longer standing against one another, and half the cliff sunk into the sea? did she find it funny, too?

"no." caiaphas answered simply, still sitting down as if unable to trust her legs to support her. somehow, she did not believe they would if she tried. "two enemies met in the woods, and i ---" well... kiwi could probably parse together the rest. a mirthless smile followed. had the siren finally cracked?
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.