Stone Circle i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
ohmygosh im sorry this turned into such a long ramble-y mess lmao. i kept getting distracted so i just kinda didn't stop writing. do not feel any need to match that xD

she rocked back and forth on small paws as he spoke, ears perked attentively. last names truly fascinated her, she enjoyed the idea of passing this name down from generation to generation so that no matter what happened along the line; your family always existed and were connected by this mere bunch of letters. so the idea that he had two was definitely curious, especially considering he was the only one out of his siblings to have two- oh, siblings? so there was more than just clay, she wondered were they still around and could not help but guiltily hope that they were more like west than his willowy brother demeanour wise. "wow have you met your grandpa? i never even wondered who my grandparents were to be honest, they were never mentioned...she trails off thoughtfully, tail swishing lazily through the grass. nope, never had any of her three parents ever mentioned their own family and she'd never even thought to ask. blinking back to the conversation, her grin deepends as she shakes her head a little to his own name shortening. "i like west tyreeshe declares, pushing heavy emphasis on the second word. "if you get to have two names you should flaunt it, delcare everyone takes the extra second to say it allher eyes darken with mock gravery as she adds dramatically "except perhaps in life or death situations, i guess you can excuse them for shortening it then"

tipping her head a little again, her voice softened as she chirped "my last name's tonrar but don't worry that's an ordinary surname, you don't need to use itthe conversation had her wondering, how many other tonrars were there out there and who'd been the first to claim that name as their own? she didn't even know which parent it had come from now that she thought about it, which seemed odd but when did you ever go calling your parents by their full names, she hadn't even called them by their first names. she focuses hard on the earthy boy again, trying to suppress thinking too much about her parents. she'd resisted asking about the other siblings he must have because she didn't want to hand her brain reasons to bring up hers, that had been kinda useless if it was just going to fling her parents at her instead.

she nods when he speaks again, not doubting it. she'd liked the matriarch and her white knight so the murmur to pass tenderly from charcoal lips was. "i believe hereven if that stubborn part of her mind continued to insist that an error had been made, that her family had died in that rockslide and this hope was foolish. she bites it back roughly, would it be that hard for something to go her way? yet her brain would simply have to flick back over the events that played out throughout the first year of her life to confirm that yes; it was difficult to have faith in things simply stepping in line to make her life somewhat easier. a little flustered, she blinks up at west; chiding herself for falling into these tangents that were in no way helpful to anyone. 

her smile widens at his initial exclamation, relief clear in the shine of her gaze. yet her jaw literally drops open at the rushed follow up- eyes comically wide as she blinks. never been outside of the territory? how on earth- she knew her constant need to be out exploring was more intense than most but still, she could not imagine anyone being content to spend the first year of their lives in the one place. her face is flushed with fascination as she regards him the way one might look at an alien that had just casually stepped from a massively intrusive ufo. okay she has...to stop, what were they talking about again? oh yes!  he looks a little fidgety and she grins a little, something about a boy as large as him seeming so flustered was...cute? the second the word floats into her line of thought, seeming to sit and jeer at her- she is no better than him as her ears sweep low at the heat to tingle throughout her. she didn't mean- well what else could she mean, cute only had one definition but like, not like that! she could've continued on arguing with herself like that for hours so she's glad when he speaks up once more. 

blinking with surprise, she shakes her head quickly- unable to resist the next words to tumble from her mouth. "i can't believe you've never left the territory like....how?she doesn't want to embarrass him but she's so bewildered as her head shakes wondrously. "i was like...3 months old i think the first time my parents brought us out and i struggled to wait that long. i mean i've always been more obsessed with everything outside the borders than anyone i know but still...she glances off absently to the distant borders of his pack, thinking of everything he hadn't gotten to see and almost buzzing at the prospect of getting to show some of it to him. "you are 100% coming with me, i can't wait to show you how much there is to see- you'll never be satisfied againshe smirks, it was a blessing and a curse. at least for her, each part of the lands she discovered only made her thirsty for more. rolling back her shoulders, she glanced back and added modestly "guess i can't judge though, im an awful hunter. my whole puphood i refused to partake in hunts, didn't like that we got to decide what prey died and blah blah. i got over that when i ended up alone because otherwise i would die and i was pretty pissed at the world for taking my family but im still pretty behind everyone my age"

sighing softly, she let her muscles relax enough to ease her back into a sitting position. it was easier to ignore the restlessness writhing throughout her like an agitated snake when she knew for definite that she was going to get out soon- and now no obstacles were left thanks to west. letting her lids fall half shut as she drank in the weak sunlight- she finally mumbled quietly "yea i'd love for you to accompany me west tyree"
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her - by RIP Polaris - April 13, 2020, 05:13 PM