Phoenix Maplewood there is a girl in the lobby of a cheap hotel
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
she so dreadfully wishes that there was a way in which she could delve into the mind of her sibling and see just how much of an impact her words had dealt, if any at all. she yearned to gain access to the raw, unfiltered reaction stirring within the night touched girl; even more so when that smile danced upon her lips. such a contrast to the melancholic bite to emerald stones as concern writhed within her own gut, refusing to settle. but opinions, especially when aimed at oneself, were stubborn things and polaris knew deep down that it would be naive of her to believe one vehement spiel would be enough to knock those doubts from their perches within lainie's mind. she could only hope that she'd opened up new paths, lighter ones that perhaps the girl could start a journey towards, and find it in herself to spare some love for who she was, she deserved it so much. 

rue flecked smile balances upon her slender snout as a slow nod of agreement is offered, chest pressing tight as she murmured "that definitely sounds like him alright, it's all he ever wanted, sometimes to a fault but his intentions were always goodand if only she could have shared that mindset when it would've mattered, fought selfish claws of bitter poison before they'd sank deep. never again, she'd never hesitate or put something off for her own selfish means ever again, no she would never risk being too late. it was perhaps, one of the worst things she'd ever had to endure; knowing in her heart that she could have seen her papa again and that it was all her fault that she never would. a hasty swallow as she focuses back upon the shadow cloaked figure whilst she speaks, an idle paw running back and forth across wispy grass. "mending is still neededshe echoes in quiet agreement, tail flicking at her heels "do you ever wonder what would've happened if swiftcurrent hadn't fallen? if we'd never had to relocate? would we still all live together as one or would we have drifted apart nevertheless, destined to crack apart regardless of what caused it to happen?a tight frown as she looks to minute paws, as if the answer lays engraved in the curling hairs adorning her toes. "i still find it so odd that zephyr did that, i mean i guess he could always be a bit impulsive, unpredictable but...to attack you? that's not okaya sigh is heaved as she looks back up "he's settled not too far from here you know? if you wish to visit him, i'd go with you but...i really need to get back to easthollow with alsek. that's actually where i found him, on the borders of zephyr's land although i didn't catch any scents of him and- oh! i'm so used to it now, i just realised you're referring to him as well, him. so you know? i only found out when i met him againit had quite honestly fascinated polaris more than anything, of course she had too felt pity; unable to imagine being born into the wrong body in such a way. if she'd been born in the body of a male? that would've been awful.

"you don't have to be alone anymore you know? you have me now and you are always, always welcome wherever i am; and @Alsek is amazing! he's so sweet lainie you'll love him, honestly he reminds me a little of myself. all engrossed in nature and a bit hard to get a hold of sometimes, he wrecks my head sometimes but..i love him i really really do. honestly at times i think he looks after me more than the other way around, he might come over soon if he notices i've been gone a while, he's not too far offshe chirped, noticing the not too subtle way in which her company's eager look scanned her surroundings, understandably wishing to see her new brother. 

rolling her shoulders back, she'd fix an intensely scintillating look upon the wolf whilst leaning back on her haunches "so what have you been up to? i wish to know everything that has happened in your life since that terrible rockslide, all the bad and good, and then i shall tell you my own strange adventures that have led us to this reunion"

edited conclusion w permission; 

and the two tossed each other their tales that had brought them from that dreadful day to each other once more. chatting fervently until time declared an end to such a meeting, polaris knowing that she must return to alsek and set out for easthollow. it is a bittersweet moment, sorrow present for the fact that they must leave each other at all but the knowledge that both still live on and can find each other should it be needed, that is enough to leave them lighter on their paws than the earth's crushing press had allowed in a long time.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: there is a girl in the lobby of a cheap hotel - by RIP Polaris - July 19, 2020, 10:34 AM