Seaside Moors why did i call again,
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Curiously, Chacal followed along with her mother, and for the greater part of their voyage the little shadow followed like a duckling toddling after its mother, though occasionally she would bound from her mother's side to chase a butterfly, only to scamper back to her mother's side if a frog croaked too loudly at her. She watched as the skies changed above them, clouds passing by harmlessly after having blocked her view of the blue sky for so long. She craned her neck back as they passed below trees, only to notice that some of the leaves had begun to change in hue, albeit faintly. She did not know to associate it with the dawning cool that stole its way through the night, but she would find out soon enough. 

When she caught the first trace of brine on the air, though, her attention focused, and she hastened her pace to stride at her mother's shoulder, eyes scanning out over the terrain which looked as though it had been carved by waves, and left with rolling pickets of land, prickled with lavender bushes. She took a few steps forward even after her mother halted, the nudge to her shoulder an encouragement, though she needed no further urging. Like a sleepwalker caught in a dream, she paused and leaned forward, as though drawn toward the land which she recognized. At first, she simply stared out into the moors, noticing how they had changed slightly- the colour of the grass, the hue of the sky, the way the sea lavender's flowers had hidden away. 

She heard something in her mind- it was her mother's voice. A familiar lullaby, with legato, swooping motifs punctuated by a few sparse articulations making the lullaby sound both loving and coy at the same time. She could hear the melody in her head but flicked her ears forward and back when she realized that she could actually hear the melody; unwittingly, the child had begun humming, and had lilted her way perfectly through a verse before she realized that the music was coming from her own vocal chords. She shocked herself into silence and froze.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
why did i call again, - by Erzulie - September 09, 2020, 09:10 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Chacal - September 12, 2020, 02:50 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Erzulie - September 14, 2020, 10:16 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Chacal - September 15, 2020, 10:20 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Erzulie - September 19, 2020, 01:07 AM
RE: why did i call again, - by Chacal - September 30, 2020, 03:58 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Erzulie - September 30, 2020, 11:21 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Chacal - October 01, 2020, 12:05 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Erzulie - October 01, 2020, 02:13 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Chacal - October 08, 2020, 04:53 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Erzulie - October 11, 2020, 02:37 PM