Seaside Moors why did i call again,
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
It took Chacal a few moments to settle down, following the odd sensation in her throat, and how it had coincided with the sound of a voice she'd never heard before. Ears twitching, she snapped her gaze here and there, her breath stilling for a moment as she craned to listen should the melody begin once more- and when it did, it was in an octave and timbre both familiar and beloved.

She tilted her head back to look up at her Maman, and a feather smile softened her features. She blinked her eyes slowly, like a cat enjoying a spot of sunshine, as though to say ah; it was you. A gentle touch to her shoulders caused the child to close her eyes and lilt from side to side, listening with silent contentment as her mother hummed a verse of the lullaby. While she didn't start to hum again herself, she'd unknowingly begun to mirror each intake and exhale of breath that her mother took, and leaned into the beginning of every phrase with a small dip of her muzzle, like a conductor cueing an orchestra.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
why did i call again, - by Erzulie - September 09, 2020, 09:10 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Chacal - September 12, 2020, 02:50 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Erzulie - September 14, 2020, 10:16 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Chacal - September 15, 2020, 10:20 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Erzulie - September 19, 2020, 01:07 AM
RE: why did i call again, - by Chacal - September 30, 2020, 03:58 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Erzulie - September 30, 2020, 11:21 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Chacal - October 01, 2020, 12:05 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Erzulie - October 01, 2020, 02:13 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Chacal - October 08, 2020, 04:53 PM
RE: why did i call again, - by Erzulie - October 11, 2020, 02:37 PM