Firefly Glen I'm sorry if I hurt you, I'm sorry if it got that bad
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Look at me and listen close
So I can tell you how I feel before I go

There was a shimmer, a glitter on the edge of her vision, an effervescence that pulled oceanic eyes towards Amelia. Not the one that lay upon the ground, crumpled, broken; the one that stood in somber silence, her soft gaze ageless and knowing as they found each other across the planes, protected by the proud woman next to her, dark fur as spotless as it had been when she had first thrown herself at the nightmare that had struck so heavy a blow to their family. The man near them waited just as patiently.

Just a year, it's not much time, for me to show you
I am proud that you are mine

Looking at him now, looking past the others to see the man that stood cloaked in midnight and soft, summer storms, Grey recognized who was here for her. His kind eyes, the sharp curve to his maw... She knew those features like she'd known those of her daughters. There had been so many nights where she wished he hadn't left her to walk this mortal coil alone and yet now, looking at him, meeting that otherworldly gaze...

I wish I had known
The future in my heart
Was just about to start

Fighting against the yearning in her heart, her head shook, a staunch refusal to join him, to join them. She couldn't. Not yet. Not when her family here needed her.

Say tomorrow, I can't follow you there
Just close your eyes and sing for me

It was only when her eyes refocused, pulled away from the ones that beckoned her that Keres realized Azon was at her feet, Kukutux making a strong effort to wake him. It was Hydra's gaze that she found first, though, pulling her back to the ground with a question that steeled Keres' heart against the loved ones that stood so near and yet so far. Her head rose, chin tilting upwards, not in a display of dominance but pride; She would not fail the woman that had drawn her loyalty from day one.

Every lock, on every door
I put them there to try and hide you from the world

Always.

And you kicked, yeah, you screamed
You never understood you're everything to me

A glance then, to the ones that waited, her refusal stark in her gaze. She was not ready.
10055/50000 (10055/50000)
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm sorry if I hurt you, I'm sorry if it got that bad - by Keres - January 08, 2021, 01:05 PM