The Tangle Tell 'em I went where the wild goose goes
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
In keeping with her decision to pursue a trade as a hunter, with a specialty in smaller animals, Chacal resumed her scouting skills in the wooded area just East of the Cliffs she called home, knowing that the woodlands were home to several small creatures that she could stalk and catch on her own. Among them were the spruce grouse, which she had learned lived in thickets, but fed off the needles of the lodgepole pine. All she had to do, she thought, was find those trees again- evergreen ones that stood tall and straight, stretching up toward the sky, and littering the ground with little needles- and she figured she would find the grouse again. 

But just because there were lodgepole pine trees did not guarantee that there would be grouse, she learned. And while she scouted around, sniffing for any signs left behind by her chosen quarry, she found none. She wondered, then, if they moved somewhere else with Spring on its way- perhaps the pine needles were only their food during the winter. 

So she ranged further, out into the open and toward the hills where she thought she might find rabbit tracks. There were small shrubs, which reminded her that she might not have lost all hope in finding grouse, but ended up finding little other than a trail left behind a fox. Perhaps he was the culprit- there was a chance he had frequented the area and scared all the small prey away. 

She was about to give up and turn back when the breeze brought her the scent of another wolf, and she normally would have turned and headed immediately back toward her homelands had a vague memory not come to mind along with the scent. She recognized it- but it took her a few moments before she could figure out how and when she'd smelled it last. She dithered around, nose held aloft- until she spotted a dark, golden-gilded figure in the distance who looked like she too was hunting. Her memory flashed back to a time when the rain had been incessant, when a young girl had gotten lost- and had come to stay with them for some time in the Shadewood. 

She chirped, a high pitched bark, so that she might catch the young woman's attention. Chacal remembered her- and how they'd played, even though her sister had been a bit of a stick in the mud. She began to bound across the distance between them, minding the uneven footing and bouncing over the occasional shrub- hoping that Alyx might remember her too.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
Tell 'em I went where the wild goose goes - by Alyx - March 16, 2021, 05:51 PM
RE: Tell 'em I went where the wild goose goes - by Chacal - March 16, 2021, 07:16 PM
RE: Tell 'em I went where the wild goose goes - by Alyx - April 01, 2021, 06:27 PM