Noctisardor Bypass I can't turn back around and doubt my destination
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Finally, he relented, with final words uttered. He cared for all of Rivenwood. Well, that was great. So if she were to leave the pack, then she did not matter at all anymore. It didn't surprise her, but instead confirmed some of her darkest insecurities and fears and feelings. Those she would never share, at least not directly.

She was glad that he understood her hint and that he left, because then at least she did not feel as though she was chased from her place at the Lagoon. She liked it here; or, well, she had, once. Now she was not so sure. Yet, she had little choice now that she was likely with child. She needed to stay here, at least until the children were well enough to travel. Then she would see what life brought her. Where life brought her. Right now, she felt as though trapped in a golden cage, with a caretaker who said that he loved her and cared for her, but only with hollow words born out of duty. Not with any sort of feeling.

When Mahler was out of view and earshot, finally did Laurel break down to tears. She threw herself down at the waterside and allowed her tears to spill into the water. Her body ached with every sob, but she could not help but cry, ugly and loud and pained. It was a bomb that had been a long time coming to burst now, and this time there was no one on whose shoulder she could cry about it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I can't turn back around and doubt my destination - by Laurel - August 25, 2021, 01:57 AM