Dragoncrest Cliffs But there are two things I know for sure
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
746 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
She felt discouraged a bit- not by something her mother said, but perhaos by something she didn't. What Chacal had wanted to hear was that regardless of her difficulties, she would be fine. She already loved her family and knew that she would do everything she could to protect them. But what if it was necessary for her to speak to them- and for them? Would they find the same authority in a voice which either sung or stammered? 

That must have been what Rosalyn meant when she said 'the rest will come.' And she'd have to be satisfied with that. For within her mother's voice was a softness, a tiredness. It sounded as though she and Erzulie were ready to step down- and that perhaps they had been holding breath and treading water for as long as they could. 

She had had absolute faith in her mothers and their choices until the Seafoam Run. So perhaps this was their way of making right, by making the decision themselves rather than leaving it up to the waters. It meant a lot to Chacal to know they had faith in her; and if she were to lead the pack, she would need every ounce of it. 

"I will learn." She said, straightening a bit. "Teach me."
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
But there are two things I know for sure - by Rosalyn - November 29, 2021, 02:54 AM
RE: But there are two things I know for sure - by Chacal - November 29, 2021, 11:35 AM
RE: But there are two things I know for sure - by Rosalyn - December 03, 2021, 12:08 PM
RE: But there are two things I know for sure - by Chacal - December 07, 2021, 04:20 PM
RE: But there are two things I know for sure - by Rosalyn - December 17, 2021, 11:29 PM
RE: But there are two things I know for sure - by Chacal - December 31, 2021, 12:05 PM
RE: But there are two things I know for sure - by Rosalyn - January 04, 2022, 09:35 PM
RE: But there are two things I know for sure - by Chacal - January 04, 2022, 11:40 PM
RE: But there are two things I know for sure - by Rosalyn - January 07, 2022, 12:49 PM
RE: But there are two things I know for sure - by Chacal - January 09, 2022, 01:02 PM
RE: But there are two things I know for sure - by Rosalyn - January 16, 2022, 12:55 PM
RE: But there are two things I know for sure - by Chacal - February 20, 2022, 05:06 PM