Dragoncrest Cliffs all my troubles will hang on your trigger
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
747 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Some of the swiftest undertows could not be seen from the surface. This was something Chacal knew well, as a concept applied to the ocean she lived next to. She'd begun to learn that life was similar in nature to flowing water in many ways. Predictable, at times, but at other times, shockingly unfamiliar and surprising. Change caused ripples which extended outwards- and she couldn't help but feel that time was moving too quickly. So much was happening all at once, and it was impossible to see all the secrets that hid below the surface. 

She could feel more change brewing. Nothing felt settled with Corline and Mireille being away. She knew her younger siblings to be close, and knew the toll that would take on Sobo and Loko. She found the latter silhouetted against the dramatic backdrop of ghe ocean, peering out over the cliffs. His face stern, concentrated. She couldn't help but wonder if he felt pieces missing, or perhaps just joustled out of place, what with there being an addition to his household. 

She whuffed softly as she approached, though her voice was muffled by the bone she carried with her. She'd found it on the beach, but had no idea what it had belonged to. It was stripped clean, sapped of any marrow it would have ever had long ago, polished by waves and sand, and was dimpled by old, empty barnacles. It was about as long as her foreleg, slightly curved. 

So serious, he seemed. She wondered if he was willing to tolerate any foolishness at all- so she approached with calm steps, and as casually as possible, she stared out over the cliff, still holding the long, slender bone. Then, ever so carefully, she gave him a brief side-eye and leaned to the side- with the intention of booping him on the nose with the barnacled end of the bone.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
all my troubles will hang on your trigger - by Loko - February 15, 2022, 11:08 PM
RE: all my troubles will hang on your trigger - by Chacal - February 20, 2022, 10:10 PM
RE: all my troubles will hang on your trigger - by Loko - February 21, 2022, 06:34 PM
RE: all my troubles will hang on your trigger - by Chacal - February 21, 2022, 06:59 PM
RE: all my troubles will hang on your trigger - by Loko - February 24, 2022, 06:50 PM
RE: all my troubles will hang on your trigger - by Loko - March 19, 2022, 11:37 PM
RE: all my troubles will hang on your trigger - by Loko - April 14, 2022, 06:51 PM
RE: all my troubles will hang on your trigger - by Loko - April 18, 2022, 01:32 PM