The Tangle She says the joys of life are lost among the living
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
746 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
She watched him shrink, and noted that perhaps conflict was not something he was comfortable with. It was better for him to seem meek, rather than apathetic, though- he did truly seem to feel bad about how his statements made her feel. 

He claimed to have feelings for this other wolf, and yet he seemed willing to sacrifice what they had, should the division of his attention not be acceptable. He was also willing to yield his home to the other, if he had caused discomfort. Why, then, did she still feel like she was getting the short end of whatever bargain he was offering? 

The truth likely began somewhere with the fact that he lived with this other man. They lived in the same pack, shared the same resources, had politics they followed together. She, however, was miles away- and while he seemed to want to carry on with her as well, it felt unjust that she should be the one visited, or the visitor- and not the cohabitant. Leaving Sapphique was out of the question. 

His apology made her breath fall still. 

”You want de bot’ of us, but it would not be fair.
Your life, your love- you could not evenly share.
Wid him, you ‘ave a home an’ a lover too. 
I am miles away…De sea is not home to you. 

Even if I am…I ‘ave…Not enough. Not apart.”
She trailed off. ”Chéri, I cannot share your heart.”
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.