Dragoncrest Cliffs The Devilll for my Hurt
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
747 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Her voice went unanswered. Not even the eagle had the decency to screech an apology, but it, like her, was a predator. And having a family of growing young to feed meant that the demands for food had grown for it, too. 

Chacal sobbed, but her breath caught when she heard Etienne’s sweet, sad voice at her side. The likelihood of an eagle striking twice in one day was unlikely- but she dreaded the thought that it might return to find another child. 

”We go back to de den, Etienne.” She said, her voice cracking. First and foremost, she needed to protect her remaining children. She gave him a nudge and began to walk, unwilling to let him stray a stride from her side. ”I will need you to keep Theo an’ Suzu in de den until I say when, okay?” She felt she could trust him with that responsibility. Her heart sinking, she picked up the tuft of hair she had pulled from Requiem’s tail- the last piece of that she had of him. 

When they reached the den, she carefully placed the tuft of hair on a ledge inside the den before she stepped back outside, and gestured for Étienne to go back inside.

”I will fin’ ot’ers, an’ we will fin’ Requiem. But I need you to be safe until den.” She said. She howled, then, calling her packmates for assistance- so she might scatter them in search of the eagle, or the nest it had returned to.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
The Devilll for my Hurt - by Chacal - August 15, 2022, 04:05 PM
RE: The Devilll for my Hurt - by Etienne - August 15, 2022, 04:48 PM
RE: The Devilll for my Hurt - by Chacal - August 16, 2022, 03:40 PM
RE: The Devilll for my Hurt - by Etienne - August 16, 2022, 03:51 PM
RE: The Devilll for my Hurt - by Chacal - August 17, 2022, 12:44 PM
RE: The Devilll for my Hurt - by Erzulie - August 17, 2022, 01:32 PM
RE: The Devilll for my Hurt - by Etienne - August 17, 2022, 01:36 PM
RE: The Devilll for my Hurt - by Chacal - August 17, 2022, 03:00 PM
RE: The Devilll for my Hurt - by Mireille - August 17, 2022, 03:14 PM
RE: The Devilll for my Hurt - by Erzulie - August 17, 2022, 03:17 PM
RE: The Devilll for my Hurt - by Jorunn - August 17, 2022, 03:21 PM