Sun Mote Copse but you're holding me like water in your hands
Ghost
554 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Trapper
Rogue
faced with the admitting of a woman who did not want her young, colt felt plumb flustered. why had she sought him out then? now he felt a little put out, confused, but not deterred by the dire twist their conversation had taken.
"got a lady healer up there," he grunted, alluding to the women's secrets that he'd seen shrink a belly or two in his time. hell, he'd slung enough bastards between here and the still to know by now not all of those ladies had kept along in the family way.
but colt had also seen hard women turned soft by newborns, knife-mouthed wenches and rogues and killers who gave it all up for a warm den and a settled life. 
and he did not feel it was safe for him to stick around in discovery of what wren decided.
"well, maybe i'll come east," colt drawled, "seein' as how there's fixin' t'be a reason fer me to go back." and this he meant in truth, watching her for a moment in the air of a man who'd tipped his hat back and let the sun touch his forehead.
Messages In This Thread
RE: but you're holding me like water in your hands - by Colt - May 18, 2023, 12:47 PM