Dragoncrest Cliffs manmi
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
746 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
She could feel the emotion building, but would sit quiet and strong against it, until it at last broke them both down. She had never been immune to the pull of tears once shed by another that she loved, and the moment she heard a hitch in Coraline's breath, she felt a tightness grow in her own throat, a choking lump of grief that never truly dissipated. She pulled her sister toward her, resting her jaw atop Coraline's head as she felt tears spill down her cheeks.

"No, no," She said in a hushed lullaby. There was nothing for her to forgive- she had learned a sort of love that could span miles, ever bright and never fading with time. Her family would always be welcomed no matter how far and long they had roamed, and she had no grudge to hold for those who left when they returned home like faithful driftwood.

It would take her some time to remember her voice, in the wake of a few choking sobs that kept her silent.

"I am glad I did not lose you too." She confessed. After all, there was truly no telling what might have happened differently had Coraline been present for the battle. "But I am so, so sorry you did not get to say adieu." Her sister had been robbed of the opportunity to see her mothers one last time, though she hoped that in being spared those memories, she might not know what it was like to have seen them. Erzulie, valiant and beautiful in the heat of battle- only to choke and froth and seize in the throes of the poison she had ingested. Rosalyn once fierce, lose the memories of those she had loved, only to chase ghosts no one else could see.

She could remember her mothers in other ways, of course- but sometimes, the most vivid memories she had were those which hurt the most.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
manmi - by Coraline - October 07, 2023, 12:15 PM
RE: manmi - by Chacal - October 13, 2023, 11:44 AM
RE: manmi - by Coraline - October 16, 2023, 08:46 PM
RE: manmi - by Chacal - October 30, 2023, 03:22 PM
RE: manmi - by Coraline - October 30, 2023, 03:49 PM
RE: manmi - by Chacal - October 30, 2023, 04:18 PM
RE: manmi - by Coraline - November 05, 2023, 12:22 AM
RE: manmi - by Chacal - January 21, 2024, 02:22 PM