Ocean's Breath Plateau ikayuqtuq
Pledged
Moongrove
writing letters addressed to the fire
768 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Private 
Ariadne spent her morning tending to Samani's grave, although there was not much upkeep needed since Chakliux had already taken great care of it. Engaged in a mindless task of moving things around, she was startled by the noise of flapping wings and a loud shriek. She looked around frantically, trying to find where the sound was coming from. 

It's me, Moon Owl said shortly into her search. 

She breathed a sigh of relief. You scared me! she chided in thought. 

The totem did not apologize. What are you doing? they asked. 

Arranging my sea-sister's grave, she replied. 

Are you really? the owl challenged, and she felt her breath catch in her throat. 

She didn't respond. 

You know what you must do, they said, insinuating what'd been on her mind. You must seek out @Raiyuk to get directions, and go and apologize to Dutch for everything you put him through. 

She let out a sigh. "I know," she admitted, recognizing her delay. 

Moon Owl flapped their wings. Go, child! And do not delay this any longer! 

Ariadne complied, rising to her feet and sniffing the air to catch a whiff of Raiyuk's scent. Upon finding it, she began to move slowly in that direction, muttering to herself, I am not a child. 

Well, you sure are acting like one, the owl snapped back.
Moontide
Adolescent
214 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
I am not a child. Said the wind, catching a voice and drawing it to Raiyuk's ears. He was surprised at the recognition of that voice. As he approached he made no mention of overhearing, Ariadne?

She was alone.

I am surprised to see you away from your village, but welcome. He gave a small bow to her and smiled. I meant to say goodbye when I returned home, but it slipped my mind. I am sorry. He had been busy hunting a man.
Pledged
Moongrove
768 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Raiyuk greeted her first when they met, offering an apology for leaving without saying goodbye. She waved her tail and reassured him, Do not worry about it, Raiyuk. It is good to see your face. 

She could understand his surprise to see her here, and so she explained, Thank you. I am on a spirit journey, and decided to visit Moontide and my sea-sister's grave. Since I am here, I also wanted to take you up on your offer to visit your lodge and learn about where Dutch has settled—I wish to visit him on my way home to Moonglow. She suddenly regretted dumping so much on him all at once, and she gave him an apologetic smile before adding, That is, of course, if you have the time. If not, that is okay! I can come back another time.
Moontide
Adolescent
214 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
There was a brief turmoil. Raiyuk had seen his father building another lodge, and he had participated himself in the removal of the bad man Cen; now Raiyuk was between jobs, watching his siblings and minding his father's wives, maintaining his own lodge, and building his own skills where time allowed.

Yes, I can walk you part of the way and — maybe tell you the rest of the way. He looked briefly sheepish, then stalwart.

Is a spirit journey—like a hunt? My father and I hunted seals once and I came back a man. Is it like that? He was curious and forthright about his interest. Ariadne was a woman and a mother already, so what else was there to hunt?

Perhaps she sought sister-wives on her journey? What other purpose was there for a woman.
Pledged
Moongrove
768 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Raiyuk found a way to prioritize his responsibilities and support Ariadne, and she was thankful for his flexibility in accommodating her. That was be very helpful—thank you! She was okay with being directed for part of the journey, provided that the instructions were easy to follow

When he asked about spiritual journeys, she hesitated for a moment, considering the best way to explain it to him. It depends on who is taking the spirit journey—for some, it is a trip made when it is time to become a man or a woman, and for others, it is the chance to address and work out personal problems.
Moontide
Adolescent
214 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
So, it was like a hunt. Except it wasn't a hunt for something physical. It was a hunt of the spirit, seeking any number of things: clarity, serenity, some piece of the self that was lost. This the young man thought he understood. He had felt many emotions during his hunt for the seal and many more after, during his scarification ceremony, and felt closer to whole. Perhaps one day he would also go on a spirit-walk? Raiyuk wondered if that was where his own mother had gone, which startled him.

Is it not better to have help? He voiced next, wanting to shove thoughts of Nasamik away; they very rarely plagued him, and seemed to appear in the strangest moments. Although, I suppose it matters what kind of problem. I could listen, if you need it. He was genuine in his offer but too young to comprehend the loss that Ariadne had recently experienced.

Or—if that was improper to ask— his ears fanned a bit; I will stop my chattering and simply walk with you! Aya, I see now why my father named me after the loud birds.
Pledged
Moongrove
768 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Although Raiyuk's willingness to assist was welcomed, Ariadne understood that her issues were too unsuitable for someone of such a young age. She shook her head and smiled politely, offering, I do not think it was impolite to offer. I just know that my problems are ... complicated, and I do not think that I am quite ready to talk about it. 

But, there is something else you could help me with. Could you update me on how you and yours have been since I last saw you? She was curious about the children, the lodge, and everything else they'd briefly discussed at Moonglow. How is your family and the lodge?