Ankyra Sound You dance on a tightrope of weird
Gamma
Curiosity killed the cat, But satisfaction brought it back.
57 Posts
Ooc — Mae
Joining 
@Caiaphas and @Vlad (He might leave early)

Winter was almost over, yes, but that didn't mean it was gone. James let out one howl, calling for the wolves of this pack. Today he was in his 'bold and serious' personality, not that he knew it, though. Scanning the area for wolves, he stayed away from crossing the border, but close enough to be visible from the inside. 

He could've sworn he had heard about this pack, he just couldn't remember when. His tail stayed on the ground, but impatiently moved from side to side. A small frown was on his face, making it seem unbelievable that he had been goofing around a couple days ago.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the wretch rose her head from the brine, her tattered ears cast forward to the howl that punctuated the coven. wading forth from the mist-grey waters she strode towards the sound, her gait rippling and smooth as she broke out into a lope. it took her a few tries to figure out where he was -- and once she saw the stranger she assumed a pose of authoritative interest. her fur remained unruffled, but there was a glint her gaze that suggested distrust. if this was one of the 'captain's' accolytes, she'd be hard pressed to find any vestige of warmth for the fellow. "who are you?" the coywolf inquired, making no attempt to mask her blatant surveying of his limbs and frame.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Gamma
57 Posts
Ooc — Mae
 "James Miles," he said, finding no reason to include his middle name. Keeping his head down, he cleared his throat. "I wish to join this pack," he stated. His voice was emotionless, calm.

His blue eyes reflected the sea's dark colours on this day. The rain had collected on his fur, but he didn't shake the water off.
grendpa
159 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Caiaphas beat Vlad to the door, and her subordinated decided to hang back and watch the fallout - well within hearing range and fully visible, but leaving the vetting process to his alpha. Saltwinter's little queen was not known for being openly hospitable to strangers, and Vlad could not help but snicker when she confirmed this fact once more. It made him feel special to be on this side of the border - tolerated to live alongside her, maybe even trusted.

Cameo! Please continue posting without me; it'll probably just be a one-off. :D
#brutalmode4ever
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the pale sea wretch's gaze parted from james, trailing down the coast towards the approaching form of vlad. icily, she remained silent until he was near enough to review the new contender before them. james miles. caiaphas repeated the name, amused by the simplicity of it. certainly, much easier to say than her own name.

"this is saltwinter - we have only one rule. survival." she looked the male over, wondering what prowess or talent he could offer her. "we can give you shelter -- and food -- and comrades. what can you give in return?"
Gamma
57 Posts
Ooc — Mae
The name rung in his head, it felt as if he had heard it before. What could he offer? He could hunt well, his strength mostly shown within speed. Healing wasn't really his thing, though. "I can hunt. And I can provide protection at your borders," he said solemnly. 

He could provide food and protection, in his opinion; a good offer. It didn't bother him that the wolf did not address herself, but he was slightly curious, though he showed nothing. His eyes were cold, but not empty. It was as if someone had built a wall behind his eyes, with the idea of hiding all emotions behind that 'wall'.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas considered the stranger's offer -- it was true, they needed bodies and they needed food. caiaphas herself was particularly fond of food -- unfortunately, this predilection made her easy to sway. she appreciated if nothing else that the male seemed coldly cordial -- he would fit in just fine among the icy rogues that collectively made up saltwinter.

"can you hunt crabs? seals?" she looked to vlad slyly, hoping he would catch on to the quiet insinuation in her voice. all wolves went through initiation in most packs -- and saltwinter was no exception.
Gamma
57 Posts
Ooc — Mae
He lost his posture for a moment, slightly confused, but regained it immediately. He could faintly remember his parents that had 'taken him to the beach' once. He had seen those odd, long-shaped creatures, seals. He could even remember some of the things his father taught him. The crabs were harder to remember, resembling a red spider.

"We ca- I mean, I can hunt seals and crabs, if that is what your pack is in need for," he responded.  

James did not notice the other wolf until now. A quick glance in the general direction, but kept his focus towards the female. The rain hung near them, its icy bullets hitting the earth.
grendpa
159 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Vlad used up his entire reserve of self-control by not laughing out loud at the thought of James scurrying after Saltwinter's now very wolf-savvy crab population. @Caoimhe had failed spectacularly and hilariously at her first attempt, and Vlad wondered for a moment if she still thought that crabs were the true staple of the Saltwinter wolf. He made a mental note to find out, and briefly entertained the idea of lying about the sanctity of seals or some shit to see if it would push her to adopt a crab only diet.
#brutalmode4ever
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
 last post for me, feel free to PP me - i will add you to the ranks @James -- please feel free to tag me or vlad if you want another thread CREB HUNTING!!!!!!

caiaphas approvingly gazed on as vlad caught onto her ruse -- cheerily she offered james a simple smile before she rose with a languid stretch. "it is settled -- we will go creb-hunting." she declared this confidently with a swish of her tail. poor james -- did he know he had just been accepted into the jesting arms of two wolves with terrible and punishing senses of humor?

she cast one last look at the duo and signaled her departure with a casual wave of her tail -- after all, there were crabs to find!
Gamma
57 Posts
Ooc — Mae
Keepin' it very vague

He had officially joined this 'Saltwinter', thank god. His eyes flickered, surprisingly, with a little bit of happiness. "Thank you," he said. A twitch of his lips showed the closest he had gotten to a smile, but it was good enough. He wondered of the other wolves in this pack. And he was ready to go 'creb' hunting, too.