Blackfoot Forest When the time is right
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
AW! :D

Valette had met one of Rosings members in Wapun meadow, when she traveled down to her birthplace. It was a strange thing to return to. She had another home now, which was still quite far away. Valette was rather ambitious, so she wanted to continue her specialty even after the taiga. Minna seemed really nice. So she hoped she would be better received at these borders compared to the borders of Sleeping Dragon.

The young female approached their borders and stayed a respectable distance away before howling for a presence. As a ranger she liked to know of this place, and hopefully the members would be willing to tell her if this was in fact Rosings, or a different pack. She sat down waiting calmly if someone was going to show up.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Patrolling was never a particularly interesting job, given that not many tried to slither into the forest, and Liri was always happy for any distraction from it. The howl perked her ears, causing her to pick up her pace and trot towards the other wolf with her tail raised alertly.

The ebony femme smelt heavily of pack, one she didn't recognize, and so Liri assumed she was not hear to join. "May I help you?" Her tone was friendly but not so bright as when she greeted her close friends, this wolf was a stranger of course.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette peacefully sat a bit away from the border until a white female approached. She pushed herself to her feet. Her tail as neutral and swaying gently to show her friendliness. "I'd hope so," she spoke politely.

The girl quirked up her lips. "Well, I met someone of Rosings, Minna was her name. And I was wondering if this was the right pack. It would mean I would have successfully located a pack location," she explained to the other.

"I'm Valette. I live at Silvertip Mountain on the other side of the mountain range. I want to become a ranger," she explained.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri's curious, but somewhat guarded expression given their recent encounter with Kierkegaard, was soon replaced with a friendly smile as her tail began to wag. 

"Minna is my sister in law, it doesn't surprise me that you've befriended her," Liri spoke honestly, remembering how easily the two had become friends.

"I will call her for you," Liri assured, the words punctuated by a howl for @Minna.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled when the other seemed very friendly. "Sister in law? Oh my!," she smiled. "Oh no need---" The female howled anyways. "I was hoping you could tell me something about your pack? I would like to know more about it if you want to tell me," she smiled.

She would like to see Minna again, but she might be out. For her Ranger speciality she wanted to know more about the pack she was on her doorstep with. "Are you on of the leaders?," she asked curiously.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"Oh yes, how silly of me. This is Rosings for a starter and was founded by Aaron Odolf and his wife, Amara. I joined shortly after it's founding and have remained since then," she gave a brief history, a fond smile that faded slightly as she spoke.

"It used to be a law that all initiates were placed in an arranged marriage a month after joining. Things have changed," she swallowed thickly, pain stinging her chest as she thought of Samuel. It was uncertain whether or not their marriages would continue to take place. Amara was so distant that Liri was afraid to speak to her about it for fear she would upset the woman. Their numbers were so low and the only male was her brother, already mated to Minna.

"I am one of the Alphas, Aaron appointed me after he left. Amara too remains on as well," she shook her head, as if to recover from her sudden bout of melancholy.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette shook her head when the other apologized. Because there was no need for it. The female gave quite a lot of information for which Valette was only more grateful. She now could label more information to these lands. The rosings pack lands. Valette however was interested about the arranged marriage part, and how that worked. "That is a very interesting law. May I ask if it worked? The arranged marriage? And why isn't it law anymore?," she asked curiously.

A young female like Valette herself of course thought of having a mate, it was curious to think that if she would have gone to this pack before that she would have been mated to someone. Then she remembered! Her mentor! The one that learned her to fish when she was alone in the famine. He wanted to go to Rosings! Maybe he was still here. "I have another question. I met a loner wolf that was planning to go to Rosings, at the time I was not convinced to go here. But I was wondering if he ever arrived? His name was McTavish. He talked a bit funny!'
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
gonna nudge this towards @Minna once more

"It was meant to place wolves in what the Alphas considered to be an ideal pair, that they would grow to love each other and that love could conquer all," she explained with a wistful expression. It had been a good ideal at one time, her own marriage had been an example of its success. Then everything fell apart.

"It may or may not remain in place simply because most of our members are female," Liri informed, not trying to give away too much about the recent famine and invasion that left them lacking many members. 

"McTavish was here for a short time but he just disappeared. It is not so uncommon around these parts, many simply decide to leave without word," Liri shrugged as if to say 'What can you do?'

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette listened intently. "That could work indeed," she agreed quietly. She wondered if Silvertip had that philosophy, would she have been paired up with Ezekiel? She blushed lightly at the thought of it. Maybe then she would be easier to open up with him? Or maybe not because it would feel forced? The girl wasn't sure. She really needed to figure out what she was feeling for him.

"Oh that is sad to see! I think it could work, in a way. Don't discouraged. I am sure that there will be some men who show up," she tried to be positive. The young girl was surprised to hear about McTavish. "That doesn't sound like him at all," she spoke softly. "Strange. He was really committed. Sad that he left, he was a good friend during the famine," she spoke to the other.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Summons came while she was in the process of expanding her den. She had begun to scrape away at the floor and sides, making the space larger for her and Leto. Liri's howl earned a sigh from her, but she made her way toward the wlborders none the less. She would finish later, it was not as if she were in a rush or something. 

She arrived some time later, noticing Liro and Valette. She offered a smile and a dip of her head to the girl, remembering her from her travels. Her gaze turned to Liro,  questioning. Why was she here? It was nice to see the friendly girl again, but beside limited info she had nothing to offer. She was sure the two had spoken, as she had to with the girl last time they bad met, and wondered why Liro had called. She looked to the two, amiable, wondering what Liro would have her do.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri nodded, smiling absently for her thoughts were still with her mate, if he could even be called that these days. Perhaps the marriages should be called off, they had too many women and it might be best for others to find love for themselves. All the marriages had failed, even her own. How much could Samuel have loved her if he left her with nary a word or goodbye? 

She was not left to dwell for very long as Minna appeared, Liri nodding to the Gamma happily. "This is Valette, she says you two are friends," Liri commented, eyes flicking between the two for Minna didn't seem too excited to see the Silvertip woman.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette stayed where she was, she wondered what would happen if two females loved each other. Maybe she could ask. For her it felt a bit unnecessary to get Minna seeing there wasn't much to tell her. Or maybe there was! "Hi Minna," she greeted in a friendly matter. She winced a bit internally when the alpha female called out that she was a friend. It was a big word. Maybe more of an acquaintance. "Well we just met once I don't think we are friends officially," she mumbled,

"I also wanted to tell you that at my time in Bearclaw Valley I ran into a male with a pale fur and red eyed. He is a former assassin, but don't be alarmed, his master is gone so he isn't killing anyone. He is a bit lost but really polite. If he comes to your borders would you be able to give him a chance?," she asked curiously. She was just testing the waters what kind of pack they were.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna was silent, as Valette spoke. Well, this was awkward in the slightest, she thought as she offered a smile to he woman as she finished her mumbled explanation. "We've met only once, in Wapun. It was a very amiable meeting, though." she said. She was silent as Valette continued to speak, mentioning a few rather concerning things. 

So there was an albino running around, it seemed. Said albino was also an assassin, which was very, very concerning, to say the least. Well. At least he was polite, and probably not killing anyone. "An albino assassin? Thanks for the heads-up, Valette." she said, but looked to Liri for her take on the whole "allow the polite assassin into your pack please" take.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"Whoops," Liri mouthed to herself, ears flattening slightly in embarassment at her own mistake. It had certainly seemed like the two were friends, perhaps not close, given that Valette was visiting Rosings to speak with Minna.

The news about the assassin was a bit concerning but Valette seemed assured that whomever it was had given up the trade. "It would depend upon his behavior upon joining. I would like to give him a chance if he ever did show up, but if he seemed disrespectful or perhaps dangerous I would have to turn him away," Liri replied, thinking that Rosings wasn't like to draw ex-assasins to them. It was generally peace loving wolves that came their way.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette knew that was perhaps a weird request from a stranger to ask if they would have time for an assassin to have a home here. She was not sure if he would even want to be in this type of pack. The young female smiled at the two. "I'm sorry," she chuckled. "You can reject him of course it was just a heads up if he came to your borders. He was kind to me at least," she hummed.

A soft smile quirked on her lips. "Alright, thank you for talking to me. I think I will continue my trip home now. Don't be a stranger. Feel free to drop by Silvertip Mountain if you are ever close," she offered with a smile. "If I see lone males i might send them this way!," she smiled. With that she dipped her head and retreated from the borders.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"The same of you, you are welcome to visit anytime," Liri smiled, certain that Valette was a friend to Minna now and one she could count as her own too. 

"She seemed nice," the Alpha commented to Minna after Valette had gone, turning to head back to the central territory.