Stone Circle It snowed last night
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Steady maybe? If you have time XD

snow had fallen again, and for that she was glad. Even though it was cold, it was pretty, and the girl admired it, knowing not the implications it could bring. That the prey would vanish and the going get much tougher she did not know, and for now, ignorance was bliss.

she trapped along the riverbank, a short way from the den site where she had slipped from yet again. She babble quietly to herself as she walked, naming things as she went, until finally she stopped and looked to the river. Curiously gripped her as she tread nearer, leaning over the short drop into the water as she peered. Was that a fish?

excited, she leaned over farther- and promptly lost her grip on the slippery, snow covered surface. She plunged into the water in shocked silence, and after a second had gone by she was but aware of one thing; the cold. She screamed in fear and panic, teeth already chattering as she fought to do something, however, she had never learned to swim and her frantic thrashing a against the current were to no avail, simply pushing her head below the surface as she swallowed a mouthful of water, breaching the surface for a brief second, crying and sputtering, before her head dipped under again.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady had grown smart to Keoni's wanderings, and when he was around to catch them, he often followed her, though at a distance. He wanted her to have her independence, but he also needed to make sure she was safe. So, he trailed her, about twenty-five yards back. It was far enough that he didn't think she could hear him, but close enough that it was easy to track her scent.

Her screams made his heart simultaneously stop and pump rather painfully at the same time. He pushed his body into a run, and reached the river as she was underwater. His eyes searched both land and water, not knowing where she went. Then, her head popped up to alert Steady to the fact she had fallen in the icy water. He jumped in, a few feet upriver of her, and swam to her. His jaws furiously searched for her, and when they found her, he grabbed her at any spot he could. At this rate, it was better to drag her with a leg or something, than it was to waste time trying to find her scruff. 

He quickly made his way to shore and plopped her wet body onto the ground, following himself. His breaths were ragged with fear. Was she okay? Was she breathing? He nosed her, a whine coming from his throat. Keoni, are you alright? he asked. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
In her frantic thrashing she suddenly was dimly aware of another presence, her panic only grew as she was suddenly filled with thoughts of horrible monsters grabbing her and dragging her below the surface, and she struggled all the harder. 

Then quite suddenly she she was no longer in the water, and in complete shock, she blinked rapidly, for something was in her throat,vsomething heavy and cold and-
her body spasmed as she wretched, coughing up in a violent heave river water, coughing again and again until the horrible pressure in her chest was relieved, yet she was still so cold, so shocked and so full of fear that she didn't register the words of another, instead simply shivering violently in the thin layer of snow, for she as so cold.

she whimpered pathetically, overwhelmed and shocked, and muttered wretchedly,  barely audible, "C-cold." She she was silent, a shivering wreck, shock preventing her from going the logical thing, which was to curl up beside Steady, though as she felt cold was seeping into her bones, she did simply nothing, except for the odd small whimper. Somehow she was aware that her Steady was here, she thought, though could not think farther than that.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Suddenly, Keoni began to expel water from her mouth, and he assumed that was a good thing. It wasn't supposed to be in there anyways, so getting rid of it was good, right? She began to shiver, and stated she was cold. Duh, Steady! Get her warm! First, though, he needed to alert @Valette, so he pointed his muzzle to the sky and called for her urgently. Then, he stepped away, shaking the water from his fur, and went back to his daughter, curling his body around hers in an effort to share his warmth.

He knew, though, that being wet himself would mean it would take longer to warm her up. He desperately hoped Valette got here soon, and was dry! In the meantime, Steady attempted to groom Keoni, trying to lick the wetness from her fur.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
She was so tired, and wanted to close her eyes and sleep and be warm again, yet cold and shock kept her from doing that. She closed her eyes none the less, and when the form of another wrapped around her small form, she pushed against the slight warmth, though the other was wet as well and not as warm as she'd hoped.

She still shivered relentlessly, but it slowed somewhat, as did her panic, as she slid into something like shock, feeling that oddest feeling of surrealism as awareness dimmed and she pressed further into Steady, feeling overwhelmed and thus simply blocking everything out. Something was grooming her fur, it soothed her further, though still she was cold, and she whimpered softly once more as she lay still, not aware of transpired around her.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Mild PP on Keoni hope you don't mind!

Valette lifted her head when she heard a urgent howl. She was instantly up and running towards Steady's howl. She was instantly thinking of what it could be for. Was it something that happened at the borders? Or did something happen to a member again? She hoped not. The female was quick to run to the howl, stopping as she saw them with a sliding stop. She was about to ask what happened but Keoni was wet and Steady was wet too. Keoni must have fallen in. She didn't think Steady would give her swimming lessons this time of year.

"Steady. To the den!," she urged because if they stayed outside she might not be able to get her temperature up. Valette grabbed the pup quickly, who was shivering, and ran back to the den where it was still warm from her being in there before. She got inside and placed the pup on the warm spot and curled around her, pressing her against her warm belly. She hoped Steady would follow, and perhaps shake out his coat some more. Valette gave the pup soft licks to lick her dry.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Keoni seemed to settle down, and her shivering seemed to be slowing. These were good signs, right? This meant that what he was doing was working? He couldn't be sure, but he continued to groom her until Valette showed, a sight for sore eyes.

His expression said it all, begging for her to help, though not even knowing if she could. But, his partner seemed to understand immediately what happened, and jumped into action, grabbing Keoni and headed for the den. Steady was quickly up on his paws and following after her, worried they wouldn't be able to get their daughter warm enough, or quickly enough. He shook his fur out again at the opening of the den, trying to get as dry as he possibly could. When he entered the den, Valette was curled around Keoni, and grooming her much as he did. He went to the other side of Keoni and laid down, trying to get close enough to share his body heat. Do you think she'll be okay? he asked.

a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
The rest was simply a blur, of Steady and somehow, Valette, and moving and finally the den. She was so very cold, as was she tired, and when she was placed within the den, sandwiched between her two guardians, and gradually the cold seeped from her form, replaced by a sleepy, heavy warmth. Her shivers abated soon, and after only a short while she fell asleep, curled between her two guardians and feeling utterly safe and secure, and though her dreams were inconstantial, simply nothing as she slept deeply, nightmares of the river had the potential to plague her in the future.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
As the pup fell asleep in their embrace Valette was more confident that Keoni would get better. Perhaps she would get a bit of a cold, but it could be that the pup was just fine after a good night right. "I don't know for sure but hopefully after a night resting she will be fine," she spoke to Steady. She nudged his muzzle seeing that they were close to one another.

She hoped the male wouldn't worry too much. Valette placed her head down, and closed her eyes, deciding that it was best for them to all to have a good nap. She made sure Nikai was warm and comfortable too before she went to sleep herself too.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Valette seemed certain that Keoni would be warm and fine in no time, and he watched as she lowered her head to rest herself. While he mirrored her movements, he didn't close his eyes. Instead, he lay awake, listening to the sounds of their breathing, and glancing to Keoni every so often to make sure she was alright. 

Sorry for the shortness! Gonna archive here, if that's alright?