Ankyra Sound o green world, don't desert me now
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the pale shadow reaffirmed her suspicions with a quiet rumble. had caiaphas been a less selfish wolf, or even a more compassionate one, she may have been hurt to hear that the sound was not good enough for him. instead she measured his unhappiness against a code of strange practicality - he was a windborne creature, a wolf of the tundra -- and her way of life was stagnant. like a river that had spent its entire life in white-capped rapids, now forced deep underground in a lifeless cavern of interminable dormancy. far from the eye of the sun, cheerless, and immobile. for a wolf that had campaigned thousands of miles under his heels caiaphas imagined this home was anything but.

she was not worried for she knew all things had a conclusion -- realistically hers would not be far behind the haggard man's -- she did not find it odd to entertain the idea that this would be her last crusade. like her comrade happiness was unobtainable for the salt-wretch -- but perhaps given some time alongside her most constant guardian, her rigid way of thinking would dissolve and the gods would allow her one final happiness: content.

it was far off, and she shook such soft ideas from her head with a harsh flap of her ears. "it will make you happy?" she queried teasingly, unused to the sappiness -- she hated being vulnerable, hated being exposed - but kierkegaard was her last true friend amid a sea of endless enemies. "i hope it will. there is food here. security. perhaps it is simply a new leaf. our last leaf." she looked to him pointedly, the reality of their grim situation plain in her yellow eyes.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - January 20, 2018, 02:20 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - January 27, 2018, 10:20 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - January 31, 2018, 07:06 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - February 06, 2018, 01:06 AM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - February 06, 2018, 10:38 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - February 07, 2018, 12:25 AM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - February 08, 2018, 02:32 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - February 09, 2018, 06:51 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - February 11, 2018, 05:19 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - February 27, 2018, 01:17 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - March 03, 2018, 06:42 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - March 10, 2018, 06:15 PM