Moonspear and as it is such so also as such is it unto you.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
All Welcome 
Yami was growing restless. Of course, she had been born restless, but the fact that she was able to toddle about rather efficiently on all fours made those feelings a bit more obvious. She scrambled around quite frequently, babbling nonsense and pestering every living being she could find - including those she mistakenly assumed were living (like rocks, and sticks, and beams of light).

Today, her restlessness drove her to this super fun, new activity - digging! After spending a good twenty minutes racing back and forth from one side of the den to the other, she finally grew frustrated enough with continuously bouncing into the walls over and over again that she decided they needed to go. With a ferocious growl, she attacked - digging her little paws furiously into the dirt where the wall met the ground. In about thirty seconds, she discovered that this was actually super fun too, and so the game changed from running to attempted household destruction. And her little tail never once stopped wagging.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus had been sleeping when a clod of cold dirt washed over him. at first he tried to ignore it, but as the sounds grew more insistent, his curiosity grew too -- he propped himself up on his elbows, squinting at the offender in the corner. dirt tumbled down his black flank and he flicked a loam covered ear, disliking the sensation of grain on his sensitive skin.

whatever yami was doing, it looked interesting -- arcturus decided he wanted part of that and rose on clumsy limbs. he stalked over to her quickly, his tail beating in unison with her own as he examined the hole she had dug. "ooooooooOOoo?" he queried, jostling alongside yami as he put one paw into the puppy-dug ditch in interest.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
It didn't take too long for her to be joined by a brother once she had started digging. Odd that he hadn't wanted to join when she'd literally been bouncing off of the walls, but Yami was pleased enough to have a companion. She moved to make room for him even as he squirmed his way in, reaching to plant an affectionate bite on the side of his face as a greeting before attempting to educate him on the finer points of digging that she had just learned.

"Hooo abbuh adduh in duh buh," Yami babbled nonsensically at him, gesturing with her paws towards the hole. She gave him an expectant look then, waiting for him to show her what he had learned. I mean, she'd taught him super good.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
the boy was so enthralled by the trench he didn't even make move to dodge or fight her incoming glomp -- as her teeth pressed into his cheek he still remained bug-eyed, riveted by the dark soil - and more exquisitely, the strange thing that writhed within the hole yami had dug. his sister's instructions, as endearing as they were, unfortunately fell on deaf ears for his attention was elsewhere. 

arcturus sat on his plump bum a moment, head tilting one way and then the next as he watched the foreign thing wriggle. it was liver colored, translucent, and fat -- instinctively, he lunged for it and snapped it up in his mouth. only seconds later he was shown his folly, for the thing was remarkably unsavory and he wrinkled his lips as his tongue worked out the unpleasant flavor.
send my soul away
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
He didn't listen to her. Yami's eyes narrowed as she huffed with frustration. She hadn't seen whatever creature it was that so fascinated him, only his very rude and very uncalled for disregard of her tutelage. She gave a low (for her) growl, preparing to smack him around a little for his transgression, but instead she jumped backward in surprise as her brother lunged for.. something.

Yami's face contorted in a frown of curiosity as she crept forward again, trying to see what it was he had discovered. When finally she spotted the wriggling thing in his jaws, her face contorted comically once again - this time in complete disgust. "Noooooo!" she whimpered, backpedaling even further away from the gross, squiggly thing and falling onto her bum.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
yami's startled leap went undetected, or at the very least, quite delayed -- as arcturus was presently wrestling with the uncomfortable situation one gets when they blindly scoop a wriggling worm into their mouth.

it should come as no surprise that the indecently fat and repulsive worm indeed, tasted indecently fat and repulsive. yet it was a surprise to arcturus anyway, who had only recently discovered his tongue had no penchant for sour or earthy things.

he spat the offensive morsel from his mouth and chewed thoughtfully, his sister given a curious look. she had backpedaled away from him and he stood up shakily, marching himself right up to her inclined form to inspect just why she looked so scandalized. 
send my soul away
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami trembled as she scowled at the creature her brother had unearthed. She watched every disgusting wriggle of its revolting body, cringing and looking away finally when she could take it no more. The sound of his spitting brought her attention back - just the smallest of peeks until she saw there was nothing offensive in his mouth any longer.

Her body language shifted back to open curiosity now that the presence of the evil was gone, and she met him with a sniffling nose, which she prodded his mouth with. She licked his lips tentatively, wondering about the foul taste the terrible thing had left behind.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
with his tongue sullied by the disgusting aftermath of his reprobate curiosity, arcturus practically thrust himself into his sister's inquiring arms, feeling wholly sorry for himself and the vile taste that still assaulted his undeserving tongue. yami's gentle inspection -- more a sibling caress than anything -- made arcturus feel slightly better, and he suddenly pressed his muzzle into yami's face in the sloppiest of affectionate kisses.

and then, as if he had not just bore tasting witness to the most personally offensive flavor in the world, arcturus dipped onto his front legs in a playbow, his tail wagging wildly behind him as he entreated his sister into a game of tag.
send my soul away
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami giggled as her brother met her affection with kisses of his own. She licked his face back, more eagerly now as though she was actually in a kiss battle with him. Like all battles, she wanted to win this one. But it was over nearly as soon as it had begun and a new one took its place. Yami adapted quickly, leaping at her brother with a happy woof and outstretched arms.

She hadn't picked up on what game they were playing yet, so she didn't hesitate to see who exactly was it and who was supposed to run. She just dove for him. Instead of tagging him with a single paw, Yami came at him fully body, limbs flopping all over whatever part of him she made contact with.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
the dark ostrega's silent plead to play was met heartily, in such a manner that made arcturus yield to his sister's advances. her small, sausage barreled body tumbled towards him -- and his equally sausage-barreled physique instinctively pushed back.

if she wanted to win, she would be victorious  simply by sheer attrition. it took only a few clumsy swipes before arcturus was tired,  and he folded under her persistent nudges with a slow yawn. "huuuuue" he muttered, his raspy voice smacking of tiredness. any ambitions to play were replaced by newfound earnest for sleep, and unless she stepped on his face, that is exactly what arcturus was about to do.
send my soul away
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
slappin' on an end!

Attrition it was! Arcturus made a feeble attempt at battling his sister, but it quickly became apparent that Yami had the upperhand when it came to energy level. She kept on the attack, even after he pulled away and moved to go lie down, dogging his steps and eagerly attempting to bite whatever bit of him she could get. Eventually, it became clear to her that her brother was determined to be boring. Persistent and determined as she was, Yami had no patience for boring. She left him eventually to his nap and toddled back to her hole and set back to her task, forgetting all about the ungodly creatures that she ran the risk of digging up.