Heron Lake Plateau i could tell she wasn't lying, you were lying with a lion up there
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
The thin, stalky female sat up a bit and beckoned Niamh forward with a nod, so she approached, feeling grateful not to be chased away from her densite. It conflicted with her experience being too close to the Blackthorn den- but then again, Caiaphas was likely just grateful to have a home; as far as Niamh could tell, she'd basically won a sort of lottery, in finding a home that would accept them despite the fact that the pack was already bursting at its seams with young ones and adults alike. For Raven to accept two new pups into the pack, what with there already being Finley's two plus four of her own was an act of compassion that didn't surprise Niamh, considering that she knew Raven's gracious nature, but was still a remarkable thing. 

She was asked about Screech- a topic she wanted to avoid, more or less- but was distracted when her little lookalike came from the den, with sleepy eyes. She made to reply, but within an instant, the youngster pounced toward her, and again Niamh looked up to Caiaphas just as Raven had- prepared to back off if Caiaphas was the overprotective sort, but as displayed before, she seemed to be the sort who knew when another wolf would not harm their child. Raven had made such a point clear- and Niamh had already been established as one of the wolves who'd hunted down the last wolf who had dared to perform such an atrocity. 

She lowered herself to the ground and when he made a jump for her tail, she picked it up and thumped it to the ground to entice and distract him. He teased a half-smile from her as she gazed back at him, and she continued to thump her tail this way and that so he had something to play with. 

With regards to the question, though, she figured it would be best to sensor the story, as even a distracted pup's little ears could pick up on scary language. "He's nothing to us now." She said. Her speech was slow and careful- and she still avoided touching the area where her tooth had been ripped out with her tongue, muting her t's and d's somewhat. "He got a concussion, and was in a coma for a long time. When he came to, he wasn't the same. No thought, just instinct. Wild, unpredictable instinct." She said. Of course, she didn't want to go into too much detail, lest Caiaphas pass a different judgement on him that what the Redhawks had. "He attacked Raven with the intention to kill. She was his sister. He couldn't be trusted. Was banished, then got a final sentence." Obviously, she didn't want to go on too much about death around the pup, who tweaked the fur of her tail, causing her to wince slightly. "Towhee tracked him to the cliffside. Got pulled over the edge with him, but landed on a ledge. I pulled her up with an alder," She said, pulling her lips back an a harmless display, to show the gap where her tooth had been uprooted and removed completely. "So the pack is secure now." She said. 

Caiaphas had asked about the pack's formation as well, so she tilted her head slightly. "I had been living here with him before the pack came here. Settled a few months ago; mostly consists of two families- the Redhawks and the Blackthorns. I'm a DeMonte, but this place is home, and they are family now." She said. Of course, there was the whole history with Blackfeather- but she didn't really know much of the details, and as it was in the past, didn't feel she'd be the one to tell Caiaphas about it. She let out a little, surprised yelp when Svalinn abandoned the chase of her tail and instead pounced one of her hind feet and bit into one of her toepads. She laughed, though- a somewhat dry laugh, as her spirit had still not quite returned, and gestured to the boy, wriggling her toes. "Just like me when I was a kid." She said, a touch of warmth to her voice.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i could tell she wasn't lying, you were lying with a lion up there - by RIP Niamh - June 30, 2018, 03:15 PM