Grouse Thicket An Irishman walks out of the bar
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
U MAKE ME WAIT AN HOUR FOR A STINKY RAT!!? UNAAAACCCEPTAAABLLE!! no jk thank u

her tongue roved along her split lip as she assessed apple's reaction; she seemed amused -- good. caiaphas afforded a slim smile, one that was smug and knowing, but painfully short-lived. and then she watched as the fluffy she-wolf skittered off through bands of slender, winterbare trees.

she shifted, waiting.

it occurred to her at some point that the time that had spanned between when she and apple had last spoken had grown quite generous - more than once she had turned round to scratch an itch, or shifted a leg that had fallen asleep.. each time she took it upon herself to possibly leave (or even investigate) a sound carried through the woods that assured her apple had remained true to her word.

then, apple re-emerged --something trailing and limp in her jaws. caiaphas inspected the muskrat approvingly - it was not quite seafare, but it would do. expecting the she-wolf would gently deposit it in her direction, she had little time to react as the corpse was suddenly flung at her -- her ears flew forward in alarm just as the pelt of the dead critter smacked into her muzzle, drawing forth a sharp inhale from the sylph.

she might have thought of yelling at the old crone for being so careless, but gods she was hungry -- it was her appetite alone that spared the granny from any cutting words, though in truth, it likely would have been nothing apple had never heard before.

she took her time eating her fill, saving the tough and prehensile tail for last. chewing with a satisfied smack, caiaphas looked up at apple and grinned between blood and gristle: "good dinner, thanks. got a name?"
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
An Irishman walks out of the bar - by Apple - October 28, 2018, 05:42 PM
RE: An Irishman walks out of the bar - by Caiaphas - October 28, 2018, 05:46 PM
RE: An Irishman walks out of the bar - by Apple - October 28, 2018, 05:56 PM
RE: An Irishman walks out of the bar - by Caiaphas - November 03, 2018, 08:40 AM
RE: An Irishman walks out of the bar - by Apple - November 03, 2018, 04:13 PM
RE: An Irishman walks out of the bar - by Caiaphas - November 04, 2018, 01:28 PM
RE: An Irishman walks out of the bar - by Apple - November 05, 2018, 03:20 AM
RE: An Irishman walks out of the bar - by Caiaphas - November 09, 2018, 08:05 PM
RE: An Irishman walks out of the bar - by Apple - November 10, 2018, 04:37 PM
RE: An Irishman walks out of the bar - by Caiaphas - November 17, 2018, 12:27 PM
RE: An Irishman walks out of the bar - by Apple - November 18, 2018, 03:59 PM
RE: An Irishman walks out of the bar - by Caiaphas - November 27, 2018, 07:34 PM
RE: An Irishman walks out of the bar - by Apple - November 28, 2018, 06:35 AM
RE: An Irishman walks out of the bar - by Caiaphas - December 06, 2018, 06:28 PM