Stone Circle From Me to You
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
All Welcome 
Set after the meeting where Steph was announced Beta and the whole hunting bison thing

The female sat beside a tree, she was looking up at the cloudy sky as the sun was hiding behind them. There were a lot of questions and emotions going through Vespera's head that she felt as her mind was about to explode and steam coming out of her ears. However those thoughts were being cancelled out by the pain in her side from earlier from the bison that the pack hunted together. It was becoming a bit difficult to move around since she took a direct hit on the side and the side effects were starting to kick in but the female had hope that the wound would recover soon. Vespera looked around her surrounding and the chill air was moving across her body, she appreciated it because she would believe that the chill would help heal her wound. But she wasn't going to let others see this sort of injury and take pity from her pack mates about her predicament. The female had other things in mind, like a lot of questions for Valette since the announcement of the new Beta and the ranking system. Vespera's insecurity was getting her a bit agitated and worried about herself being, since she has had trouble with the ranking system before, she is nervous being ranked the lowest of the low and others taking advantage of her because of it even if Valette had assured her before that wasn't the case. Her worry only made her a bit more cautious than usual and she still had a mind set that ranking meant that some were more important than others. Vespera looked down at her paws as she began to mindlessly paw at the dirt and sort of drawing in it even if it was just a bunch of lines that went nowhere.

@Valette
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had a good feeling about Steph being Beta. She had been very helpful when she had to deal with the loss of her mate Stark and the times she needed to travel to other packs. It was important for Easthollow to have connections with other packs seeing that it would secure their position. If they were on good terms with others it meant, to Valette at least, that they could stay here more permanently. She didn't wish to leave the stones. Since they have been welcoming to other packs she felt that they would be able to share the surrounding territories if a hunt would go outside of the borders.

With Steph in the mix, Valette could travel more if she wished. Plus, seeing that Steph was young she was still able to absorb and learn a lot. Perhaps one day this pack would be hers to rule. Or maybe one of her younger children would take up that mantle. If one of their other loyal members would do it then it was fine by Valette as well. She didn't need to have one of her children ruling if they didn't want to. She just hoped that Easthollow would be a home for many wolves. Not that she intended to step down anytime soon, not at all. But she knew how quickly a life could be lost. Her mother was ripped away from her by a cougar, Steady because of another wolf, and others decided to go themselves and not return.

With her mind so sunken in thought she only saw Vespera at the last moment. "Oh hello," she greeted the female. Valette's eyes instantly fell on the wound on her side. The female frowned. She couldn't remember that Vespera was injured. She knew she was kicked during the hunt but... this looked bad. "You are injured! Are you okay?," she spoke and then stepped closer to check it out. "You should see Alarian, one of the new ones. He is a medic perhaps he can help with the pain," she stated more firmly. She wanted Vespera to see a medic if this was hurting her.

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera was grateful when the female showed up, although she held back the restrained to wag her tail since she was trying to hide her injury. The Alpha greeted her with genuine kindness that which Vespera nodded in reply. However the tone quickly changed when when Valette's tone went from kind to worry when she saw her injury. The injury was only getting a bit worse and her side began to swell a little, her dark coat was beginning to turn a slight shade of purple. Vespera's eyes looked around frantically, the last thing she wanted was for her Alpha to worry, she was the first Alpha to do so and she wasn't sure how to quite handle someone genuinely showing concern for her well being. "Oh this? Its nothing really, i'm sure my body will get itself together and heal on its own," she could only lie to herself since she wasn't really in the liking of others making a big deal out of things. But Valette's tone turned firm when she told her to go see this wolf by the name of Alarain to go and heal this injury which she can only guess was that was one of the new packs mates since she did mention them earlier when they had that whole meeting thing. Vespera felt her mind go into a little bit of a panic since in her past, the healer would always heal her abuse wounds and she always felt terrible because she felt as though they were wasting their herbs on her even if they would tell her that everything was okay. Vespera pushed those thoughts aside and tried to change the subject, "I can do that later, but I kind of wanted to see you so I could ask you questions thats all." Vespera had to get this off her mind and let it out since her curiosity was almost becoming unbearable even to her, "Its just, after you announced Steph to be Beta maybe even before that, I always was wondering how this pack's ranking system worked," however her mind began to panic a little, "Not that I am saying that I oppose of your choice on Steph being Beta, I am completely fine with it, I mean you're the Alpha you make all the best decisions." She felt as though she was beginning to ramble but she didn't really know how to assure her that she wasn't opposing her.
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette glanced over the female with a skeptical expression. The female didn't feel like that the other should think so lightly over injuries like that. She wanted Vespera to see a medic now they had one. This medic would be Alarian. 'You should see Alarian. I don't want another death in the pack and it could be that you are bleeding on the inside or have something broken," she spoke a bit strictly to the female. She wanted the other to know that she was serious and just worried for her health. It would be something for Vespera to hide a serious injury. She was good at hiding things after all.

However, Vespera seemed to be keen to know something else first. It was about the ranks. Valette slightly frowned. She really didn't keep up with the ranks really. "Don't worry, Vespera. I am not taking offense," she spoke and then thought about her questions. "Well, there are some wolves I know better. Some that I am good friends with. So they are higher in rank. I just see the pack members as the same rank. I don't really keep track on who is what rank they should have?," she spoke. "I want us to be a family. Sure, there are some wolves I am less familiar with so they would be more 'lower' ranking than others, but that is just a natural thing that forms since new wolves are more hesitant how the pack works and keep their distance before really joining our family," Valette spoke.

She never really thought about ranks or how that would be implemented in the pack. "The only rank that was really implemented was the omega rank when someone was punished. But I've never used the omega rank to be honest. To me you only really need an Alpha and Beta rank, to establish who is leading. Then again. I don't see myself as an alpha that demands submission from her members," she explained. Hence why she didn't really need a ranking system, at least in her vision. "I Hope that make sense?"

So about the ranks. I usually sort them on activity, and the bond/relationship they have with Valette. If it is good they are higher in ranking. If not, or she doesn't know them well, they are lower in ranking. But Valette doesn't actively put them in a rank. ;)

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera was a little taken back about when Valette saying that she didn't want another death in the pack, and as she said that, a bit of memory flashed through her mind about the meeting a little bit ago where Valette said that a member had recently died. However her mind began to wonder, if I died, no one would miss me honestly, I haven't made many relationships, oh well. However if I did die, what stone would Valette put me under? Maybe she would put me in the "nobody cares" stone. The female held back the urge to laugh at herself, but she figured that Valette wouldn't do that. Valette had told her a second time to see a wolf named Alarain, but she felt a little unsettled since she remembered seeing the wolf at the gathering, especially with all those scars, which could only make her mind wonder as to why a healer would get them in the first place. "Ok Mom  I will," the female stated in a jokingly matter with a little bit of snark and sarcasm in her tone. The female could only hope the Alpha would see it as a joke but she continued to listen as Valette explained the ranking system. She wasn't all surprised when she said that she ran this pack like a family. The female tried not to roll her eyes since she mentioned something like this when she first met. "Oh. That's a lot more different then what I am use to," while she did appreciate more of this family structure more than what she had gone through a long while ago, she did question as to why, "but why? Why like this? I mean I get it, but it's just, I don't know how to put it really..." This certain topic was making the female go through a bit of thinking and emotions as she tried to understand why others couldn't be like Valette.

oh okay! Thanks!
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette playfully glared at the female when she called her 'mom'. She could understand that the female would get such a vibe from her. Valette wanted to make sure that the other female would check with their medic now they had one. It was clear that she just wanted what was best for her pack members, which was basically the same as a mother would think about her children. In a way, Vespera sometimes reminded her of a child. One with so many questions and her own battles ahead.

"That is correct," she agreed. "I've been in packs as well where there was a focus on the rank itself, but I don't like that system." Valette shrugged. She would rule her pack her own way. "I've heard that other's have a rank system bases on trades and what role they for fill in the pack," she stated. "But I wouldn't want to force anyone into a role." Vespera seemed to have difficulty with formulating her question. Valette wouldn't be able to answer her if she didn't have a clear question.

"I don't know what you are trying to say, Vespera," she admitted. She had always believed in the unity of a pack, however, she preferred the more matriarch-like way of leading the pack. Maybe another leader would have a different view on that. "I slowly grew into leadership and made it my own which works for this pack but that might not work for other packs. I don't have set rules in the way I do thinks. I always try to decide things on what is best for the pack."

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
The female's nerves were put at ease when she gave a playful look at Vespera. The female gave a little smirk back at the Alpha. Vespera looked at the Alpha as she explained that she has been through the system that Vespera was thinking about. The female's smirk slowly faded back into a frown by just remembering those ranking systems and how much those labels have abused her in the past. Valette went on as the Alpha began to point out that she didn't quite understand what she was trying to say, neither was Vespera. The young female didn't know how to phrase her question, but listening to Valette only made it easier for her. "What I was trying to say was...." Her words trailed off as her emotions began to bundle, and her young mind couldn't handle the pressure. Vespera almost wanted to cry, but she held it in as best as she could, as her purple glance was wide and almost puppy dog eye-ish "why are Alphas not like you? Why can't they be like you? You are so kind to everyone... Even as someone as worthless as me..." Those last words hurt like a wasp sting in the throat, this realization of herself wasn't new, she constantly beat herself up about it.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette offered a kind smile at the female as she was trying to find the right words. The female quirked up her lips into a wider smile when the other female gave her such a compliment. However, after that her face turned far more serious. Vespera looked like she was close to crying and she called herself worthless. Valette didn't understand why. "But you aren't worthless," Valette spoke with a frown. "If someone told you that then you shouldn't believe them."

"I am kind because my mother taught be to be kind and how it is to have other wolves talk you down. I wouldn't want to make anyone feel that way as I noticed how bad it made my mother think about herself," she explained. Valette offered another smile. "You should start believing in yourself. I do, and I believe many other Easthollow wolves as well," she tried to cheer her up.

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera looked at the Alpha with appreciation, but she almost laughed to herself when Vespera called herself worthless and Valette telling her that she isn't. "Yeah I guess you're right, now that I think about it, I feel a little dumb for saying that," the female gave a little awkward smile as she chuckled her words out. However she couldn't help but frown when the Alpha mentioned her mother teaching her to be kind to others, "how lucky," she put a little sarcasm in her tone but she made it sound as it wasn't coming off as rude, "I don't remember anything my mother said to me before she died, except for me and my siblings to run." Vespera hid the pain in her eyes when she said that, and she put it in a way that it sounded like she was making a joke to avoid her bursting out again. Valette told her to start believing in herself, however the female snorted in laughter, "I'm sorry but that sounds really cheesy," she couldn't help but laugh in between those lines, but as she laughed, the pain on her side stung with each chuckle, the female gritted her teeth to try and stop herself from wincing.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette offered her a smile. Perhaps it was dumb for the female to speak so lowly of herself but then again, if she felt that way, then she would need to work on her self image. Valette wouldn't mind helping her with that. It was good to know that the other female realized that she wasn't worthless, that was step one. 'I'm sorry you had to lose your mother." she spoke. "You never told me from what you needed to run from," she questioned.

Valette shrugged. 'Maybe it did sound cheesy but it is the truth," she pointed out. Valette wasn't going to bend the truth to make it not sound cheesy. She wanted the female to know that she was part of this pack now, so also part of the family.

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera felt a rush of sadness flow through her body. The sheer memory of this event only made her shudder. The memory would keep replaying to the exact moment of her and her siblings running at different directions, and the cry of her parents's life being taken away from them. Vespera was able to push the memory to the back of her head where it belonged, as her cheeky smile seemed to fade form her face. The hardships of her life only started there, pack after pack, the abuse of rank has ruined her self image and self esteem, and has caused her to shut those she knew out of her life. The female tightened her grip on the ground, gritting her teeth she spoke softly, almost a murmur, "we were running from man..." Each word stung like a wasp, and the aftermath of the pain made her want to dig herself a hole. But Vespera forgot that she was telling another wolf this, she shook her fur and tried to have her signature snarky attitude, "it's all the same, you hear it a lot and it is nothing new, im not that worried about it anymore, it was in the past, and now I am frolicking in flowers." She couldn't help but laugh at herself when she said that one, but she kept the laughing to a minimum. Her snarky and joking side seem to regenerate, "so if I believe hard enough, will I be able to fly?" There was slyness and cheekiness in her tone as she raised an eye brow and smirked a little. She understood what Valette was saying about it being truthful and that she does need to work on herself image, but she could only feel that will take a while.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette slowly frowned at the female. Running away from man? What was man? She hadn't really heard about man, but then again she had been born in this sanctuary. There was no man in Teekon and Valette never left it. The female shook her head. "I never experienced it. I don't know man," she admitted.

"Clearly it still does something to you. And perhaps you shouldn't forget what happened. Family is important. You shouldn't forget your loved ones," Valette spoke. "Though, it shouldn't limit you in getting new ones," she spoke wisely and then looked at Vespera, feeling like she needed this advise.

Valette smiled at the female. "Who knows," she grinned back. "You never know. What I realized is that feeling in love might feel like you are flying," she spoke. "So if you don't take it literally then you might fly one day," Valette winked.

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera felt a prickling rage when the thought of man would flash across her eyes and the terror it caused her at a young age. Vespera tried to keep a calm face when trying to explain, but her eyes narrowed at just the thought of it, "man are evil creatures, the take what you have and love and destroy it. The are tall and ugly with two legs, and eyes that stare into your soul and laugh at your pain." The female began to slowly dig her claws further into the soil leaving marks at where she stood. The female closed her eyes for a brief moment and took in a deep breath to calm her, as she slowly opened her purple gaze to look at the Alpha. "I could go on, but we would be here for hours," Vespera gave a little emphasis on hours. The female had a little look of wonder in her gaze as Valette told her to not forget it, her look suddenly turned to confusion when she said not to forget it, but she was reassured when the Alpha brought up family and the importance of it and there are no limitations of new families. However the next thing that she was talking about perked her interest, when she said that herself falling in love made her feel like flying. Valette told her to not take it literally or she might actually fly away and winked at the female, Vespera's assured look turned into a cheeky expression, "Oh," her tone sounding like she was impressed, "so? Love makes you 'fly away' eh? Tell me Miss Valette," the female rose to her paws, giving a sneaky grin, "are you in Love with someone?" The young female winked back at the Alpha.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette wrinkled her nose when Vespera spoke about humans. They didn't sound nice at all. Valette never ran into one here though. So she doubted that they were in Teekon. "I hope they never come to Teekon," Valette spoke, and tried not to think too much about those humans. "I'd rather keep it positive," she decided with a nod to Vespera.

The female slowly nodded, however, she didn't expect that to backfire. Valette was not really sure what she was feeling for Greyback. There was a spark between them and there was something growing but not something she wanted to let others know yet. She wanted to explore it herself until she was certain. She shook her head. 'No," she spoke, it was honest since she didn't really know if it was love yet. "I'm not ready yet after my past mate," she spoke. "You?," she then asked.

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera was glad that the Alpha understood the danger of these creatures and the harm that can come from contact with them. Valette had told her that she would rather keep it positive, but the female only responded with a sort of pouty and annoyed look. But the next response to her question about is the Alpha was in love backfired, she thought she could get something out of the female. Vespera's cheeky thoughts were diminished, for if Valette had told her, Vespera would have joked around with it and would try and interrupt their secret meetings. But what did catch her interest was that Valette had mentioned past mate, and this only made Vespera more curious, "your past mate? What happened?" Vespera was oblivious of her own question and she didn't know if this would upset the female. However Valette countered her by asking if she was in love with someone to which Vespera responded with a wrinkled up nose, "bleh, no thanks," the female had rolled out her tongue, acting like she was disgusted, and to add to the effect, the female slightly recoiled her head backward.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette sighed softly. "Well, yes," she spoke. "Stark. He is the father of Merrit, Keen and Arlette. He was ill for a long time and while having to raise young ones I also had to care for him. A few months ago he just vanished," she spoke. It had not been fun to say the least. She was still in the unknown what happened to the male. Valette wondered where he was now. Her attention turned to Vespera. "So it will take a bit of time. He has been gone for awhile but still it hurts," she admitted. It was never fun to be abandoned. Though luckily she still had the pack and her family surrounding her. Valette had to chuckle at Vespera's reaction. Such a youthful expression. Then again, Vespera was still young.

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera looked at Valette as she explained about her previous mate Stark. Vespera could sense that this was hard for Valette to say since they were lover, even if the female didn't care for love or barely understood it, she could see that this man meant a lot to Valette. The young female could only get angry when Valette mentioned he disappeared, even tho the male was sick Vespera's thoughts dragged him through the mud, how dare this male leave Valette, how dare he leave his children to grow up without a father. Vespera was getting so into her thoughts that her claws began to slowly claws up the dirt beneath her, I only had a father for a brief moment, the fact that this man could still be alive while his children and mate are living and breathing, and he is not here to be with them... Its down right disgusting. The female's emotions started to swirl within her, she practically grew up without a father, or a mother in this case and her siblings were long gone and most likely dead. "That's not fair to you!" The female spat as she looked up at Valette with knitted eyebrows, she couldn't understand why it was like this or why the man would choose to do this. She could understand that it would hurt Valette, and she could only get more furious, Valette was a kind and strong wolf who had helped her, Vespera could only see her as a mother figure even more than when they first met. Vespera could only think that the alpha deserved better, better than what she got.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette sighed softly at Vespera's reaction. Often it was like that when wolves would take advantage of someone who was nice. Not that she thought Stark did that. However, she was disappointed with him as he had vanished. She didn't know what happened to him. "It is unfair," she agreed. "I don't know if he was taken, there were no scents around the den. Or if he left on his own. I won't know," she sighed and then shrugged.

Sometimes wolves were different than you thought of them. She was trying to focus on her children and the pack. Then later she would try to feel better. It did help to hang out with wolves that made her feel happy. "I now keep to friends who make me happy," she assured Vespera.

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
The young female's heart ached, she felt so angered by the actions of this wolf, but how could she? She never knew the man. Vespera tried to get that thought in her head to try and cease her anger, but she was getting more upset about this tan usual. Vespera then listened to what Valette was saying about there being no scents in the den, to her that was strange. The young female's blood began to cool down since her anger was beginning to make the female over heat, she relaxed her muscles and looked at Valette. This shouldn't happen to her, she gives so much to everyone, she deserves a lot back. Vespera's thoughts made her slowly scrape at the ground, I have got to try something, maybe to benefit us both, I could help out around the pack, maybe that will make her feel better? The young female wanted to try and seem like she could be of use and make the alpha happy instead of having to teach her life lessons. Vespera than perked her ears when she heard Valette say that her friends keep her happy, the females ears slowly fell to their side as she looked at the ground. "Are we friends...?" Vespera mumbled, she wasn't confident on asking wolves to be friends with her, she figured it would be too awkward and she would embarrass herself.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was surprised by the question. Not because she didn't want to be friends with Vespera but that the female would even question. "Of course we are friends!" Valette spoke to the female. "What made you think we weren't?" There was a bit of an age difference and sometimes Vespera needed more mother guidance than her other friends but Valette didn't mind to do that. If fact, she felt that she mothered her friends too often.

Valette quirked up her lips into a smile. "You are silly at times. When do you realize that you are part of Easthollow and we all like you to be our friend?," Valette spoke fondly of the female. Each of their members had their own quirks it was what made them unique. Valette liked that about Vespera as well.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera was a little taken back, not by Valette, but by herself. The mumbling words of her asking the Alpha that if they were friends would obviously be silly to Valette, but not to Vespera. Vespera was always the enemy of the Alpha, they were ever friends, she was always an outcast and even villainized. These experiences had led her to have a bad mindset and vision of Alphas. To her this type of question was important to her, the answer would have her on edge, and if she was rejected, it would be the same as always and would destroy her self-esteem. However she should have guesses Valette would think her question was silly and told her that they were obviously friends, which was exactly what happened. Vespera looked up at the Alpha, her expression showing relief as if this was a life-changing question. Vespera figured that the Alpha would be mentally questioning her silence, "yes, of course, I should have guessed that we were," she had awkwardly chuckled. Vespera could only smile when Valette called her silly, she figured it was a compliment to her but she also second guessed that it wasn't, but Valette had questioned her by telling her about her self-realization of East Hollow and how that everyone wants to be friends with her. Well not Everyone, but I guess so, she wanted to say that but she kept it silent. Vespera did want to be of use to the Alpha somehow, "well maybe I could try and be a fighter or defender for the pack? I mean I can guess East Hollow is more of a pacifist pack more than any other, but it's good to maybe have some defense?" The female wasn't really good at anything else since fighting was all she knew. The female looked at Valette with a curious expression to see if the Alpha would agree.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had a feeling that Vespera had not been sure that they were friends before. The leader then nodded in agreement. "If you are comfortable being a fighter then of course you can be one. I know Ira also is becoming a guardian," she spoke. It would be good to have more protectors in their pack. Valette knew that not only wolves could be dangerous but their bears and cougars were just as dangerous.

"So I will fully support you if you want to become a fighter," she agreed with the female and then offered her a smile. Valette liked that Vespera was starting to find her role in this pack. She loved seeing how Vespera was becoming much more comfortable in Easthollow.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
this thread going on for a really long time xD do you want to end it here or post one more thread?

The female wanted to wrinkle her muzzle at the mention of Ira's name, for their previous encounter wasn't so pleasant. She remembers some of the strong emotions that were shared between the two, and it was just their first encounter. The female decided to push the small grudge aside since she was going to be sharing and living in the same territory as the female. But Vespera kept a curious look when Valette mentioned about the grey female becoming a guardian. She really didn't feel like asking about since she could already guess just by the title of what that role could be. Vespera nodded to the Alpha and rose up to her paws and wagged her black fluffy tail just a little. The young female felt appreciation once more to the Alpha when she said that she was fully supporting her choice to be a fighter, "I won't let you down, or at least, I will try, no promises." The female had boldly stated but sort of back tacked her last statement about the promises but that was her just joking. The female gave a strong grin on her face with her ears forward in determination, and her head upward but slightly tilted to the right as she fixed her stance and tried to flex and tense her non-existent muscles. This was the first pack since her birth pack that she felt like that she was at home, and she was ready to defend it.