Blacktail Deer Plateau I am home, Countess
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Joining 
Corvus was pleased to be back on his feet again and eager to rejoin his pack — if they would have him. He figured they would, though a lot could happen in a month's time. Would they believe his reason for being absent? He couldn't be sure until the alphas revealed it themselves. His thoughts drifted to Minori. Corvus could only make out a hazy vision of her, wounded by the bear as he was. However, he was not coherent enough to discern the extent of her wounds. He'd be lying if he said worry wasn't forming knots in his stomach, but Minori was strong. She was probably fine. He was prepared for an onslaught of fury when they'd meet again. A twinge of guilt did prick at him, though he knew well his disappearance wasn't his fault. Still, he couldn't imagine her having taken him going MIA well.

With the border close by, he cleared his mind. He'd spent the last month marinating in these thoughts, and his loose ends would be tied with time. Corvus reared his head to call for his alphas, his low voice carrying easily through the crisp air. He made sure to come at an hour with decent sunlight, though his schedule had been altered by his caretaker to be more diurnal. That would surely revert with time. Corvus impatiently awaited the arrival of someone — anyone, really. Just being back at the plateau filled him with vigor. Perhaps he was more attached to this group than he previously thought. Absence truly did make the heart grow fonder.

Since there are so many characters here, this thread no longer has a posting order. Hope that's alright! @Grezig @Kavik @Siqsa @Ruenna @Siege
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Corvus’ call shocked Grezig, who was honestly stressed out enough as it was right then. Why Corvus coming back stressed her out she couldn’t be sure. She just knew that it did. Sighing heavily, she made her way to the borders, and then stood before him, looking him over silently. At any other time she might have demanded to know why he had left, feeling the urge to chase him off for abandoning his pack. But, what with everything going on in her own life right now, wanting to leave the Plateau herself, she would feel incredibly hypocritical blaming him for doing so. “Come to rejoin?” she asked wearily, her voice hinting at how tired she was—emotionally, anyways.
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
He had come just after Grezig had, a limp in his sway as he healed from his prior inflicted wounds. He was alive, but in sorry shape to call himself defending a border. If anything, he knew the hearty Grezig could take on anything life would throw at her; Hell she had handled his attitude okay. But upon arriving, the Demon could hear the dreariness in her once level tones. What plague was taking over the Plateau?

Instead, the Demon stood near enough to be seen, hoping his size and newly acquired scars would intimidate rather than his lack of ability. He’d be damned if someone, no matter who it was, was gonna just waltz up here. Idiot was gonna die trying to protect borders.

Minori can get in my ass but not be here?‘ he internally fumed. The dark navy brute was impressive in stature for a 2 year old male, standing fully in height, and though his head was lowly hung, scruff growing up to curtain the back of his skull, he was massive. Garnet irises scanned the male before Grezig, and though he noted she knew him, Siqsa was taking no chances.

Be careful, you don't want this.
Carefree, but there's a dark side that haunts this.
[Image: giphy.gif] 
Want to roll with me? Better know your place-
Because if you look around, 
you'll see you've lost your way.

574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Shit was intense. That was an understatement. She had challenge fought a boy, Grezig had asked to fight Liri out of anger and been turned down, everything was a mess. Minori had been running the borders to get rid of excess steam when a howl rang through the air and chilled her bones. She stopped dead in her tracks and stared into space, her expression pained but even more so, angry.

"Up until that point, I took my relationships for granted. Don't do the same to yourself, I cannot bear to watch.
Corvus had said, his voice earnest and pleading with her to open up. It had cracked her walls down and she had let him in...

the memory flashed through her mind bringing a fresh wave of pain with it. He had pried her open, made her feel, then he had left. She growled and purposely headed in that direction, walking so she appeared before him and stared him down. She noted Grezig and nodded to her, ignoring Siqsa completely as he was of little importance to her now if ever.Her tail sagged as if she were unable to hold it up but her eyes were on fire, the extent of her hurt and anger evident. She snarled and flashed her fangs before turning and walking away, steps deliberately slow to show she did not welcome him home.
One post only! Welcome back <3
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
INVINCIBLE · EARTHQUAKE · POWERFUL
49 Posts
Ooc —

He approached the border at a slow lope, colossal frame held low as he moved to Grezig's shoulder.  He had hoped that the spar would fix her issues (as win or lose, it had always placated him) but it seemed as if she was just as worn as before. 

He was convinced he'd done all he could, however.  Now his focus was on their company.  Unless he was addressed he likely wouldn't speak; he was just there to be imposing.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
It was a voice that Rue only vaguely recognized. Straining her memory, the newly-appointed Beta was able to call up an image that of the dark male who had disappeared in the wake of the bear attack. Disappeared, when the pack had needed him most. Rue did not wish to jump to any damning conclusions-- truly, she hoped the man would be able to explain himself adequately. Rue would hate to have to turn away someone who had once been considered family, even if only for a short time.  

Many wolves had arrived to hear the returning man's tale, it seemed. Rue came just in time to see Siqsa limp to Grezig's side. She frowned in concern. He wasn't still confronting packmates, was he? Most wolves in Blacktail Deer Plateau wouldn't put up with the brash way he had spoken to Mouse Kid. Her concern was interrupted as Minori left, making her departure just as Rue was arriving. Why was Minori storming away already? Rue shot a quizzical look to the others-- one of which was a large, ivory pelted male whom Rue didn't recognize. But there would be time for introductions later.

Rue put Minori out of her mind and drew herself up to the stance of a Beta before speaking. "We were worried," she said simply, honey gaze intent on the man. With her rise is station, there was no need for her to cast her eyes downward as she was prone to doing in the past. "That bear attack was..." she shook her head and swallowed, deciding it was an event she'd rather not relive in words. She left the floor open for the man to deliver his explanation. Or his excuse.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik padded to the edge of the river, emerald gaze peering down at the water before being drawn to the flash of a tail above the surface of the liquid. He stared at the spot where the disturbance had been,  watching for another indication of where the creature had moved. After a few quiet minutes, his concentration was interrupted by the sound of a howl traveling across the plateau. Kavik lifted his inky head in the direction of his former packmate's call; it was unexpected but not unwelcome, so he turned and headed in that direction. Mostly, he was glad to know that he was at least alive after the bear attack, since they had seen no sign of him since that terrible day.

He arrived just in time to see Minori disappear in the trees. It lead him to believe she was probably angry, and he didn't blame her. He probably should be more angry than he really was, but he was too distracted with relief to see that his former pack member was alive and seemingly well. The alpha's eyebrows lifted slightly in surprise at the gathering that had already formed around the male, and he nodded appreciatively at his packmates as he passed them to stand in front of Corvus. He nodded in agreement with the new beta's statement. Yes, we were, he added. It's good to see you, Corvus. What happened to you? He thought he should get that out of the way first. As glad as he was to see the male, it didn't change the fact that he had disappeared on them. Surely, he had a good explanation.
I'm no good without you
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Essay incoming. :'^)

Grezig was first to greet him. She looked absolutely exhausted, and the question of what happened in his absence floated back to the forefront of his mind. Her voice was just as weary when she asked if he'd come to rejoin. Corvus was surprised she didn't ask what happened, but perhaps she was just too tired. He felt obligated to explain himself, regardless of whether anyone asked it of him or not.

Yes, He replied simply, offering a small nod. Two unfamiliar faces appeared, one black and one white. Corvus didn't pay much mind to them, though he wondered if there were more who'd joined in his absence.

Among those who came to the border was... Minori. She was fuming upon her approach, which was honestly expected. Still, he was relieved to find that she was in good health. Corvus opened his mouth to speak, to merely utter her name, but she would have none of it. Minori snarled heatedly and turned her back on him to walk away. It stung not because she hurt him but because of the hurt he saw in her eyes: the hurt he caused. It was the first he'd seen of her in over a month, and she was already walking away from him. Though he expected this sort of reaction, nothing could have prepared him for it.

Despite the pain that brief interaction wrought upon his heart, Corvus kept his composure. They would discuss it later... if she'd let him. He acknowledged the possibility that Minori's walls had gone back up and may never come back down. Corvus would not blame her for doing so, hard as it would be to bear. However, Blacktail Deer Plateau would need to welcome him back before he could even begin to iron out that issue.

A vaguely familiar pale agouti woman appeared next, and the first words from her mouth were "We were worried." Corvus took note of her different stature, indicating that she'd risen significantly in the ranks. Interesting. It was then Kavik neared, supporting her statement. He wondered briefly if the alpha were displeased with him, but of course, the kind-hearted man said it was good to see him. It was still difficult to adjust to just how positive Kavik was. His absence likely didn't help with that. Corvus respectfully dipped his head.

Likewise, He replied, a bittersweet grin finding its place on his face.

"What happened to you?" Kavik asked. And there it was: the question that had been lingering tangibly in the air ever since Grezig arrived on the scene. Corvus took the cue.

The bear got a good swipe in, to say the least, He began, turning his head to display the gnarly scars from its wretched claws on his neck. While covered in scars from his mercenary days, these were by far the largest. Even so, they didn't bother him now that they no longer gave him grief. Straightening up, he continued. I lost a lot of blood but managed to drag myself away before I lost consciousness. I awakened in an unfamiliar place to an estranged woman. She said I would have died if she'd come any later and that I was fortunate my artery wasn't pierced. She nursed me back to health, but it was a very slow process, as you can see, He finally finished. However, Corvus wanted to make something very clear, even if his words weren't taken in earnest. His expression became deathly serious.

My only regret is not being of more use in that battle and being absent as a result. If I am allowed to return, I will serve this pack to the best of my ability; even to my death. That is my oath as a mercenary.

Reminder that there is no posting order from this point on to keep things moving.

Romanian | English
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig pretty much ignored every single wolf who came onto the scene after her. She just didn’t care. Siqsa came first, someone she hadn’t seen in quite a while because he wasn’t associated with any of her drama. Minori came next, fumed at Corvus without saying anything, and then stalked away. Siege’s presence stirred her for a moment, and she turned to glance at him, grateful that he’d come up to her side. Ruenna appeared then, saying that they’d been worried about Corvus. Grezig hadn’t been. She’d been too worried about her own life to even remember really that Corvus had disappeared. She wasn’t sure how she felt about that. Then an alpha showed up and it was Kavik. She supposed, of the two, Kavik was less likely to bite her face off right now, so she preferred him. He told Corvus it was good to see him and then asked him where’d gone.

Corvus explained what happened and Grezig didn’t really give a shit about it, to be honest. She nodded in all the right places. I mean, she was glad that he was alive, but… “It is up to Kavik whether we let you back in,” she said tiredly. And that’s all she said.
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
He almost felt sympathy to Grezig, but as he pulled a peripheral gaze from the sterling, he felt the presence of the dark Alpha past his own vicinity. A flattening of ears and a dipped skull- nares nearly touching the ground, showed his allegiance to the dark leader. That was as good as it got, considering the wolfdog couldn’t do much else other than cower on the ground like some kind of rug.

Such a depressing and sickening thought rose bile bile in his throat. 

Watching the scene unfold, he stayed silent, trying to discern who this stranger was to everyone. Friend? Or foe?

Be careful, you don't want this.
Carefree, but there's a dark side that haunts this.
[Image: giphy.gif] 
Want to roll with me? Better know your place-
Because if you look around, 
you'll see you've lost your way.

インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
feel free to skip me! this’ll probably be my only post

issun found no need to rush when he heard the unfamiliar call. it was stranger, he assumed, requesting leadership presence. he wouldn’t even pay any mind to it on any other day, but he was farely close so he decided: hey, why not?

he was surprised to smell so many members going towards one thing. it sparked interest in the warrior, so he quickened his pace.

he stopped a good distance away from the group and quietly examined the situation. his ears twitched when he saw minori storm in, snap at the stranger, and leave. it raised many questions. who was this guy? issun leaned forward to have a better listen, but it was impossible to hear anything from this distance.
common | japanese
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue sucked in a quiet breath as the raven displayed his battle wound. Such a mark certainly confirmed the story that Corvus had been laid-up, but there were pieces that didn't make sense to Rue. "Did you pursue the bear?" she asked incredulously, imagining that to be the only explaination for how Corvus could have passed out so far from anywhere the pack could find him. She thought such an act would be either very brave or very stupid. But then, that was her take on many of the acts that those of the warrior trade considered their finest achievements. 

Corvus wrapped up his story by pledging himself prettily to Blacktail Deer Plateau, but Ruenna-- the suspicious creature she was-- wasn't wholly convinced. Grezig's response was so blase that Rue wondered if she had even listened to the tale. Perhaps something else was occupying the other Beta's mind. Rue's gaze slid instead to Kavik, making to exchange a very small, skeptical look with him. "It's a shame you weren't able to send word," Rue murmurred as she looked back at Corvus, brow knitting. Traveling on such a wound couldn't have gotten him very far... one would think he would have been able to get a message through if he had been holed up nearby. 

With a small sigh, Rue nodded to Kavik, signalling her own willingness to allow Corvus to rejoin. Despite the missing pieces in the story, they didn't really have enough to go on to condemn the man for any intentional lawbreaking. His scar certainly provided compelling evidence for the story he shared. She allowed her countenance to soften to a more welcoming expression, awaiting Kavik's official verdict.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Corvus showed them scars down is neck from the bear and began to tell them of where he had been over the last month. He had been severely injured and had bee nursed back to health by an unknown and apparently very kind healer, although most healers appeared to be more kind than most. 

Grezig spoke first, only to say it was up to Kavik to let him back in. Concern briefly flashed across his face at his beta's apparent apathy, but it wasn't really the time to ask her about it. He put his confusion and sadness aside for now in order to deal with the matter at hand.

Ruenna asked a question that Kavik was curious to hear the answer to, even though he assumed it would be no. If he was too injured to make his way back to the plateau, then he was probably too injured to chase down a bear on his own.

His gaze met the silver female's skeptical one, and he responded with an almost imperceptible nod as he considered the situation from all sides. Ruenna was right to be skeptical; he wouldn't have made it too far if his wounds were that great, so why hadn't he reached out to them before now? But, Corvus had been one of their founding members, and had never give the alpha a reason to distrust him, so he was inclined to believe him now and willing to give him another chance. He had come back after all to stand on their borders pledging his loyalty knowing he may not be allowed back in. 

Ruenna sighed, and it seemed she had come to the same conclusion as Kavik. He nodded towards Corvus then. I'm glad to see that you were able to heal from such an awful wound, he started. You proved yourself loyal before, and since it seems you didn't intentionally desert us, I'm willing let you back in. Had the circumstances been different, he may have decided differently, but Corvus' pledge felt genuine, and he was deserving of a second chance.
I'm no good without you
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Grezig seemed apathetic towards anything to do with him, and her response to his explanation was simply, "It is up to Kavik whether we let you back in." Corvus was positive something was wrong then, but he wouldn't mention it.

"Did you pursue the bear?" Ruenna asked, and he chuckled.

No, I'm not quite that foolish. I believe I was hallucinating. She said she was attracted by the ruckus and found me near the border. She brought me elsewhere to give me medical assistance, He explained further, not wanting to go into detail about the hallucination of his mother he had or even remember it.

"It's a shame you weren't able to send word," She said next.

Yes... Unfortunately, she was a loner.

Then, Kavik spoke again: "I'm glad to see that you were able to heal from such an awful wound. You proved yourself loyal before, and since it seems you didn't intentionally desert us, I'm willing let you back in." Corvus bowed his head in gratitude. Thankfully, his long-awaited trip here wasn't for naught.

Thank you. Those two words were rare from the shadow, but they best conveyed how he felt.

Romanian | English
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig listened disinterestedly as the others spoke to Corvus and then Corvus explained what had happened. She was satisfied when Kavik said he’d be willing to let the dark male back into the pack. She stood up and stretched, her hazel eyes landing on Corvus without really seeing him. “I am sorry about what happened to you. It is good that you are back.” She said this without much inflection in her voice. “Excuse me.” With that, she turned and walked away. The duties of a beta did not interest her at the moment, and there were more than enough wolves here to talk to Corvus. She glanced briefly at @Siege and then disappeared into the territory.

[Exit.]
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik dipped his head at Corvus' words of gratitude. His attention was briefly drawn to Grezig's words and departure, eyebrows coming together in concern. Her behavior was troubling, and the alpha felt responsible; he honestly had no idea how to fix things, though. He had the sinking feeling that nothing he did or said would help at this point. 

He turned back to the mercenary then. Welcome back, Corvus, he offered with a dip of his inky head, stepping aside to allow the returning packmate across the borders.
I'm no good without you
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Corvus had short, direct answers for Rue's questions, and Rue did not feel the need to ask any more. It seemed to her that Corvus was answering out of politeness, and his lack of elaboration hinted at a desire to put this incident in the past. Rue would not argue with that; she was more than ready to close the book on the bear attack now that Corvus had returned to tie up the last of the loose ends. 

Rue nodded along with Kavik's words, the smallest of smiles gracing her features. It wasn't that she was unhappy with the turn of events-- she just simply wasn't a woman who smiled very often. "Yes, welcome home," she echoed, voice low but warm nonetheless. She allowed the welcome to act as her farewell too, and she turned to depart with a final nod. 

Rue's exit, unless questioned/stopped.