Firefly Glen all these years you tried to kill me, boy you ain't made a dent
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
the forest seemed to stretch tantalizingly before him, yet for as much ground as he covered, it seemed to sink alluringly back into the horizon. he was not a wolf of many leagues under his belt, and soon felt daunted by the distance yet between himself and his destination. even worse, when he looked back at moonspear, while it still remained a giant in his vision, he could tell by the featureless hunks of granite in the distance (some he knew as colossal landmarks during his border patrols) that the distance between him and moonspear was greater yet.

when he turned back around to reassess the intelligence of his decision, he saw a wolf along the tree-line. at her speed, it appeared she was not hostilely intercepting him, yet he couldn't help but feel that she was coming towards him in deliberate strides. she was by no means a tiny wolf; he could tell even from this distance her body was corded with muscle, and her strides were even - signifying good health and soundness above all else.

and he couldn't help but notice, she wasn't so different in coloration from yami and yama -- save for her eyes, which were to him a rather stern and somber brown.

while the boy himself had not met many wolves that wanted to hurt him, he had grown up seeing the evidence of it all around him: llewellyn's gruesome injuries, the inexplicable attack on his father -- he was not the most naive of younglings, and felt a trickle of doubt course through him.

he was ready for anything once she was close enough, but instead of attacking, she said something -- hail, maybe? the boy had not heard that word used as a salutation before - admittedly, he didn't even know what it meant. what's hail? he wanted to ask -- but his tongue, as per its nature, seemed uncooperative.

hi, i'm arcturus -- where are we and who are you and have you seen my sister? nothing came out -- i'm worried about her. still nothing.

his ears folded neatly back, and he looked away so that she might not perceive him as challenging.. but what else could he do, when words failed him?
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
RE: all these years you tried to kill me, boy you ain't made a dent - by Arcturus - November 24, 2018, 11:59 AM