Seaside Moors So I've gotten used to coffee sweats
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
WC: 347
So google is SUPER confusing...If you look up a coyote's top speed vs a wolf's, it says that a coyote can go a bit faster (59-69km/h as opposed to a wolf's 50-60km/h). BUT if you google "would a coyote outrun a wolf" it's all like NAHHH a wolf will win every time. So I have no idea; the views expressed below are Niamh's, since she has no access to the googles XD
--------------------------------------------------
Like a dog chasing a squirrel, Niamh dashed after the coyote which looked up and glanced at her only briefly before it sped away. She had longer legs, but lost ground as the coyote breached the dunes between the beach and the harder ground of the mainland so she cursed softly. She dug in, and whatever jibberish it was that he sent her way fell on deaf ears. He was a coyote- coyotes were all full of nonsense, so it wouldn’t have mattered if she’d even understood him. She followed the same strategy he’d used, arching toward the firmer terrain and as soon as it began to solidify beneath her paws, she bounded over the rocky hem of the beach and onto solid land. Now, she could put her garishly long legs to good use.

With a wicked grin, she bolted forward, careful and ready to tilt this way or that should he show any indication of wanting to veer one way or another. She was like a missile, locked onto its target, and she wanted nothing more than to simply bowl him over and give him a good bruising. She wasn’t hungry, and enjoyed the game of chase, given the fact that a wolf would almost certainly outpace a coyote- both in a sprint and in endurance, or so she figured. There was no way something with shorter legs than her could possibly be faster than her in a straight-out sprint. It could possibly outmaneuver her, of course, which was why Niamh focused to intently on the coyote’s movements. She’d learned, from hunting down prey, to mirror their movements should they feign a turn or actually make one.

”C’MON!” She called, cackling. ”I JUST WANNA PLAY!” There was a grin on her face, sure, and her tongue lolled out the side of her mouth. To another wolf, she might have looked somewhat, sort of playful...But to anything that might possibly fear being eaten by a wolf, it would likely have been a lot more sinister an expression than she really intended.
--------------------------------------------------
Messages In This Thread
So I've gotten used to coffee sweats - by RIP Niamh - November 26, 2018, 06:03 PM
RE: So I've gotten used to coffee sweats - by Vekesh - November 27, 2018, 02:39 PM
RE: So I've gotten used to coffee sweats - by RIP Niamh - November 27, 2018, 08:53 PM
RE: So I've gotten used to coffee sweats - by Vekesh - November 28, 2018, 01:51 AM
RE: So I've gotten used to coffee sweats - by RIP Niamh - November 28, 2018, 07:05 PM