Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Private 
@Tegan

There was a strange feeling to the wind that shook the bushes in the thicket, which were covered with a thick layer of hoarfrost. She remembered Bruges saying something about it before- she'd commented on how pretty it was, and he'd simply informed her that hoarfrost was a good indication that there was bad weather on the way. It was mid-morning, and she was patrolling the borders near the Norther edge of their pack when she noticed a trace of an almost saline scent on the wind, indicative that the direction of the wind came from the West, over the oceans- and that a storm was indeed on the way, given the fact that the winds had so pummelled the coast that they themselves bore the salty scent of the sea. 

There was snow falling, and when she looked up, she noticed a faint ring circling the sun in an almost complete shape- causing her to frown again. Bruges had also mentioned that phenomenon. It was also a sign that there was bad weather on the way. Feeling it might be best to inform the others, she sent out a call, delivering a message to all others in the area that there was likely a storm on the way, simply as a sort of advisory, but not to alarm anyone. They weren't terribly sheltered on the plateau, but they wouldn't have to worry about the tides sweeping their home away, either. Her mind passed back to Coelacanth, and she wondered briefly if the dark female still lived on the island...She had once been offered a home there. She would have to go and visit someday- but with these ominous weather signs, now was not the time.
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
"yo! whatcha yelling for!!" yelled tegan, the fuckin hypocrite, who was like right by niamh when she called out about the storm. which, for the record, tegan knew exactly why she was yelling. but whatever! it was more fun to be obnoxious. 

he strolled over, tail swinging casual as ever. did something weird happen between them? really? they almost bumped nasties? sheesh, that is weird. looking at tegan now, you probably couldn't even tell he had any idea. was this a facade? absolutely!! but oh well. "think we're gonna have to bunker down or somethin?" he asked her a little more seriously, his nose twitched. yup. definitely smelled like storm.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Almost as soon as she'd delivered her winter storm warning, Tegan shouted at her as he crossed the distance between them. She regarded him with a straight, level gaze as though to infer that she wasn't going to repeat her message for the sake of answering his very redundant question. Her expression faded from agitation to warm welcome though, once she felt she'd made her point- using her facial expression alone- and she moved toward him, greeting him with a low growl and nipping at his shoulder as she moved alongside him. To his question, she gestured toward the shrubs and bushes in the thicket which were covered with a layer of hoarfrost so thick, their branches couldn't even be seen. 

"I'm not sure. Not likely, this far inland," She said. "But if I were to hazard a guess, there's going to be a blizzard sometime soon and things are going to get nasty." She said. While the weather wouldn't necessarily hurt them directly- after all, it was just wind and falling snow- it would make travel much more difficult, and would thus make hunting even harder. If freezing rain fell then even their caches would be harder to access. "Gonna get a fair amount of snow, which is garbage," She commented. She was, after all, supposed to travel in two days- and that was assuming that Artaax would even be able to meet her. Their plans might not come together after all, and she resented that fact.
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
tegan made a noise. "blizzard?" he huffed, "i don't got time for that i need to be 'splorin." but he understood that he wouldn't be splorin in a blizzard. so whatever. 

"that is garbage," tegan agreed with a hefty nod and a purse of his scarred lip. hemp. "well, lemme know if i can do anything. i'll carry bat on my shoulders and make her do all the work for me -- we'll be tall." how that would help anyone should be beyond you, but thinking about it now tegan was pretty dead set on doing it. they could like, be world's tallest wolf or something. 

yeah, or something.
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Tegan certainly had an interesting way of looking at things. Niamh was lightly amused, and her somewhat bitter attitude lifted for a moment at the thought of watching Tegan try to carry Bat around on his shoulders. She wasn't too big- but she couldn't figure out whether she was supposed to picture Tegan basically wearing Bat like a wolfskin cloak, or if Bat was meant to be standing on top of him- but she assumed the latter. With Bat's ears, they could practically rely on echolocation, if he was able to hold her up that high for very long. But his idea presented a problem that made her snort. 

"If you're the one carrying her around, doesn't that mean that you'll be doing most of the work?" She asked. After all- Bat would basically just be acting like mobile radar- meanwhile Tegan would be the workhorse lugging his friend around.