Ocean's Breath Plateau cause i'm a georgia warhorse, and i was built to survive
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
All Welcome 
@Percival so i forgot he is currently on an expedition to the coast .. hope this location works!

this was the farthest from moonspear arcturus had ever dared travel, and even with charon, dirge, and his sisters not so far from him, the boy still felt outside of his element. while his family was figuring out where to bed for the night, arcturus had climbed to the summit of ocean's breath's plateau -- it was not an easy climb, but it rewarded with him a few of moonspear, faded by distance.

he looked longingly after the faraway peaks, missing his mother, brother, and his home.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
If ever I read Satan's signature upon a face, it is on that of your new friend.
46 Posts
Ooc — hannah
No problem-o, it totally works!

After being inspired by his spar with the mountainous Buffalo, he felt obliged to climb the closest thing he could find to a mountain to prove he had the ability to conquer one. However, what he didn't expect was another wolf to have already done so. Atticus gazed in a begrudging manner. When someone already accomplished his goal, it didn't seem very significant.

Nonetheless, this could be a blessing in disguise. He seemed to be meeting wolves left and right, and boy was he lonely from his travels. "Greetings, sir." He called, staying a good distance apart from the stranger after the incident with the inky girl whose barriers he accidentally crossed. The boy had a welcoming grin on his maw, tail swaying side-to-side with the anticipation of a new friend, whether it was short-lived or not.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
greetings, sir.

arcturus' ears swept back, his spine bristling at the voice suddenly behind him. carefully, the boy turned around, his every step controlled and tight. he was met with the form of a wolf only a few months his senior, noticing first how pristine and smoothly kept percival's fur seemed. arcturus' tense posture dissipated as he noted the playful sway of the stranger's tail.

drawing his sunflower gaze along percival's features for any sign of hostility, arcturus detected none and settled slightly. "hi," he fumbled shyly, relieved that it was neither piper nor a much older wolf -- he was not in the mood to entertain the company of adults.
send my soul away
46 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Oh no, he'd done it again. It was clear the stranger was frightened by his random greeting and he couldn't help but feel the same guilt he did when he abruptly started an unwanted conversation with the shadow. However, such feelings of shame disappeared once the yearling noticed his lack of aggressiveness. Another young wolf, he was happy to see it! Although a very proper wolf, Atticus himself was rather tired of entertaining adults himself. 

A feeble welcome came from the wolf, and finally, he took a few steps closer. He began to open his mouth about to comment on the boy's age and how valiant he must be to climb the plateau on his lonesome, but such a thing was rude to say without any introduction. 

He bowed his head as though addressing royalty. "Atticus Percival, and you are?"
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
his ears swiveled as he awaited the male's next move - which came in the form of slight advancement. arcturus held his ground, though his swiveling ears conveyed his semblance of uncertainty.

the male introduced himself as atticus percival, and arcturus' head dipped politely. his mouth opened and for a moment it seemed the boy was struggling to speak - a residue of his childhood insecurity.

"arcturus." he replied, realizing he hadn't provided a surname -- which he hastily tagged on. "ostrega."

sadly for atticus percival, arcturus was a terrible conversationalist. as the silence fell between them, the boy distracted himself by studying his feet.
send my soul away
46 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Although not much younger than himself, Arcturus was quite adorable to Atticus. He was a timid creature and immediately he felt some innate sense to protect him. "A strapping name!"  Ostrega, how strong and sturdy a title.  His head lifted to scan the surrounding plateau as silence blanketed them. Seemed the perfect chance to bring up his comment he had held back earlier. "Quite a brave wolf to travel up here on his lonesome, and so young too! What inspired you to do so?" 

He knew his reason for being here, to prove something to himself. Perhaps he and the Arcy were similar in that sense, but in truth Atticus doubted it.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus was not aware of atticus' assessment of him, and if he had been, he would have fluffed up in the manner of a puffer-fish, and indignantly pointed out he was not 'adorable' but fierce. likely in the exact same manner a pomeranian would huffily snarl and enforce her space in front of a pushy rottweiler, to boot.

as it was, he was slightly softened by the male's compliment of his name. arcturus had always liked his name, and perhaps a bit sinfully, had taken immense pride in his family and surname - so to hear a stranger echo what he believed was already true only bolstered his hubris in that matter. 

yet his good spirits to be complimented were quickly dashed, for atticus had inquired as to his reasons here, and that made him think of his mission to find revui at any cost. he frowned, his ears slumping back in response. "looking for my brother." it was all he said before he fell silent again, once more placing the burden of navigating conversation onto the young male besides him.
send my soul away