Ankyra Sound Had to have high, high hopes for a living
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
aningan was quick to burst into his natal tongue, a habit she supposed would likely die alongside him. the words were nothing she knew; patiently, caiaphas waited for his circling to be done, and for some sense of normalcy to return to them.

once aningan delivered a once-over, his form seemed to quieten -- and easily, he slipped back into the tongue they spoke on the mainland. caiaphas leveled a heavy sigh -- he was owed an explanation, but she was in little mood to deliver one.

"his name is firefly." she began, her gaze tracing his so that she could ensure he was following. "he has been with us since the start. you must understand, that in rusalka we do not blindly follow a leader not worth following. we make our own leaders -- some will rise to the top, and some will fall. it is all part of the circle, and in allowing this kind of hierarchy, we prevent stagnancy and enforce powerful rule."

she knew next that aningan would likely question how - or why - she had lost. "in the end, i was not as powerful. such is the way of life - the strong stay on top, and the weak are trampled. if you are smart and weak, you can avoid such trampling."
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - by Aningan - March 09, 2019, 10:09 PM
RE: Had to have high, high hopes for a living - by Caiaphas - March 14, 2019, 05:33 PM
RE: Had to have high, high hopes for a living - by Caiaphas - September 22, 2019, 11:58 AM