Ankyra Sound next time warn me when you're about to do something like that.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
yami was not the only one to savor the silence, though caiaphas' enjoyment of it came from different reasons. silence gave the shrew the opportunity to reflect, to dissect and disseminate her actions -- to rework and refabricate how things ought to have gone.

perhaps she had not fashioned the perfect system in rusalka - yami might just have a kernel of truth in being confused by the frequent ascensions. for one, usurpers often thrived on division -- which was not necessarily something caiaphas wished to have more of in the pack. for two, as much as chaos was an opportunity for clever wolves, it also made for unhappy and unstable packmates. the siren, for once in her life, wondered if it had been a mistake to make rusalka's reign so easily overturned.

before she could reflect much further, they were at the tidal flat. it was low tide, and while there were some seals milling about on the fringes, they were not particularly accessible -- and all appeared alert to their presence. the sylph's ears flicked to yami, wondering if she had ever hunted a seal. it did not even occur to her that the moonspearian did not know what a seal was. "there's a few stragglers over there," caiaphas indicated with a cant of her thin muzzle: "but they will likely slip into the water before we are close."
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: next time warn me when you're about to do something like that. - by Caiaphas - March 31, 2019, 10:36 AM